Can Anyone tell me a good book on Quantum Physics?

In summary, quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of matter and energy at a microscopic level. It has led to technological advancements, helps us understand the fundamental building blocks of the universe, and can be applied to everyday life. A recommended book for beginners is "Quantum Physics for Beginners" by Jim Al-Khalili, and a background in math or physics is not necessary to understand the subject.
benzun_1999
-benzun

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by benzun_1999
-benzun

Pop-sci or technical?

technical obviously!
:wink:

I am currently studying J.J. Sakurai's "Modern Quantum Mechanics".

And that's the best in my opinion too. Followed by Messiah and Cohen-Tanoudji

thanks

i thank you for the sugestion. Is there any science book in simple language?

Tons. What branch of science do you want to study?

i would like to read books on atom.

1. What is quantum physics?

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of matter and energy at a microscopic level. It explains the behavior of particles such as atoms and subatomic particles, and their interactions with each other and with electromagnetic radiation.

2. Why is it important to learn about quantum physics?

Quantum physics has led to many technological advancements such as transistors, lasers, and computer memory. It also helps us understand the fundamental building blocks of the universe and how they behave, leading to a deeper understanding of the laws of nature.

3. Can you recommend a good book on quantum physics for beginners?

Yes, "Quantum Physics for Beginners" by Jim Al-Khalili is a great introductory book that explains the concepts of quantum physics in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.

4. Is a background in math or physics necessary to understand quantum physics?

While a basic understanding of math and physics can be helpful, it is not necessary to understand quantum physics. Many books on the subject are written in a way that is accessible to non-scientists as well.

5. Can quantum physics be applied to everyday life?

Yes, although quantum physics deals with the microscopic world, its principles are used in many technologies that we use in our daily lives, such as smartphones, GPS, and MRI machines. It also helps us understand the behavior of materials and chemicals, leading to advancements in medicine, materials science, and more.