Can anyone tell me if my answer is correct?

• Thread starter Artusartos
  • Start date
In summary, when it comes to determining if an answer is correct in science, there is no one right answer. It is more important to have a well-supported and logical explanation. This can be achieved by consulting reliable sources, conducting experiments, and critically evaluating your own work. If an answer is incorrect, it is important to reflect on your thought process and evidence used to identify errors and improve understanding for future questions. To improve chances of getting the correct answer, having a strong understanding of scientific principles and practicing critical thinking and problem-solving skills is key.
Artusartos
You have a random sample of size n from a normal distribution with unknown mean μ and variance 100. You want to find n large enough so that the length of the confidence interval (from left endpoint to right endpoint) is at most .2. Find such a value of n so that n is as small as possible. If you instead were willing to have a confidence interval with twice this length, what would you need to do to n? (Note: All confidence intervals in this problem are 95 percent confidence intervals.)

I attached my answer...

Attachments

• 20121213_073652.jpg
    20121213_073652.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 434
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks right.

pasmith said:
Looks right.

1. Is my answer correct?

This is a common question because people often want reassurance that their answer is accurate. However, it is important to remember that in science, there is no one right answer. It is more important to have a well-supported and logical explanation for your answer.

2. How can I check if my answer is correct?

There are several ways to check the accuracy of your answer in science. One way is to consult reliable sources, such as textbooks or scientific articles, to see if your answer aligns with current knowledge. Another way is to conduct experiments or gather data to test your answer.

3. Can someone tell me if my answer is right or wrong?

While it can be helpful to get feedback from others, it is ultimately up to you to determine if your answer is right or wrong. As a scientist, you should be able to critically evaluate your own work and make necessary revisions or improvements.

4. What should I do if my answer is incorrect?

If your answer is incorrect, it is important to understand why. Reflect on your thought process and the evidence you used to arrive at your answer. This can help you identify any errors or misconceptions and improve your understanding for future questions.

5. How can I improve my chances of getting the correct answer?

To increase your chances of getting the correct answer, it is important to have a strong understanding of the scientific principles and concepts involved in the question. Additionally, practicing critical thinking and problem-solving skills can also help you arrive at the correct answer.