Can Dreams Predict Future?

1. :cool: Did anyone have a dream come true - So true that it's just plain weird? ... maybe even beyond explanation? :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. I have had several "semi-waking dreams," or what most people would call "visions," come true. These visions were very specific, very eerie. It's a very unpleasant feeling to have them. In the most recent one, I "saw" my ex the physicist get hurt at the beach, with his neck very hurt. I did not see what caused it, just the location. It upset me enough to phone him and warn him, because whenever I have these, they come true. He knew I had these visions, but he just blew it off. Later on that week, he was in the hospital, with a broken neck, from getting hit from behind with a rogue wave while scuba diving. He no longer ignores my visions, but it makes him mad that I have them.

P.S. His neck is better but he can never pilot a plane again and has to be very careful with his neck.

I have an explanation for these visions, one that I'll borrow from Corrie Ten Boom, the WWII Dutch underground worker: These visions show us that Jesus is aware, and that all is in His hands. This is not an offer to defend or debate my explanation, just my opinion.

4. Lol. Don't mind me laughing ... Very strange

5. I dreamt i was a turtle trying to get an egg. But there was a kid who stopped me from getting that egg. So i swam at the oppistie side of the beach and tricked the kid into following me and them swam to the egg quickly and grabbed it and swam away.

Later that day i needed to take my time even when i felt i hadn't got much time. Then made myself a few extra bucks for taking that time and a weekend job to make more money. heh.

6. Don't quiet get it ... what can i say? I'm slow

7. umm i dont know, i think dream is more like reflect wat u r wat u feel during the day and combine with ur imagination forms a movie clip in ur head. hoho

8. ShawnD

ShawnD 986
    Science Advisor

I've thought of science concepts and simple computer programs in my dreams. The programs actually worked when I wrote them in real life. How crazy :biggrin:

9. Slow and steady win the race. :biggrin: :smile:

Anywho,this is how I understood the special theory of relativity:
    I had a dream about an object in 3D space flying, approaching c, and when it did, I recalled what I had read about what may occur at this speed. Then, as it approached c, it expanded, turned blue, and then it passed c. It disappeared into thin air (which had sparkles in it, to represent energy). And then, it occured to me....E=mc^2!! ahaha!! And I woke up, and smiled.

Fabulous dream, eh?

10. ............ Yeah :D ..............

11. That's like ... wow ...

12. wow Fabulous good way of learning

but i did heard the scientist are trying do something with our dream, a tutoring program? i m not sure.

13. I was 11 when this happened too. How cool is that!

14. wow inheritance from ur parents?

hey u should concentrate on the physics field, maybe u will achieve something incrediable

good luck =)

15. Do you guys reckon animals have dreams then? Or is it something to do with our extra intellectual awareness (or whataver you call the distiguishing quality between man and animal) that makes us dream?

Maybe theres been studies done on animals dreaming?

16. ShawnD

ShawnD 986
    Science Advisor

Sure animals can dream. Have you ever watched a dog sleep? They sort of act weird.....

17. Lol ... really? ... I have never watched a dog sleep - gotta try that sometime.

I wonder if they know it's only a dream or do they take it on as another 'day' in their life ... i guess we'll neva know

18. haha a brain reader?

19. Happy BIrthday expscv ... if you're still here. How old r now then? l... lol (f you don't mnd the question)

20. ah, then you have a lot of spare time. If I could get over my fear of dogs, then I would do the same when I am bored (which is rare).

21. lol i m 18 but my birth day is on january

the one in my profile is a joke hehe :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?