Can't Change Nick: Edit Profile Page Checked

• Thread starter Raze2dust
  • Start date
In summary: But he's usually pretty busy so it might take a little longer.He can be found under the "staff" button at the top of the page.PM or just wait for him to see this thread.
Raze2dust
I checked out my edit profile page..but couldn't find any option of changing my display nick...
It can't be changed??

Physics news on Phys.org
Members can't change it themselves. You could PM Greg, or write the new name that you want here, and he'll probably change it for you.

Yeah, I got mine changed a while back.

_Mayday_ said:
Yeah, I got mine changed a while back.

Really.. I didn't realize that!

I wouldn't try it more than once though, so I'd make sure you pick one that is something you'll want to stick with.

k guys thanks a lot..actually this is my usual nick for most forums ...but i thought it doesn't go well with a physics forum, where i am seeking help usually rather than debating (or spamming :P )

But why aren't members allowed to do so?
and where can I find Greg ?

Raze2dust said:
k guys thanks a lot..actually this is my usual nick for most forums ...but i thought it doesn't go well with a physics forum, where i am seeking help usually rather than debating (or spamming :P )

Members can't change their own usernames since then they'd do it all the time, and it would be incredibly annoying, and confusing for everyone involved!

You can find Greg under the "staff" button at the top of the page.

PM or just wait for him to see this thread.

Raze2dust said:

For your information:

Greg Bernhardt Profile
https://www.physicsforums.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1

Or alternatively, as people suggested, write the willing new username on this thread and wait. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okk..i have PMed him no probs..he'll do it probably whenever he's free..

Raze2dust said:
Okk..i have PMed him no probs..he'll do it probably whenever he's free..

hmmm...does your nick mean the secret of 2 friends?

Lisa! said:
hmmm...does your nick mean the secret of 2 friends?

hehe nopes doesn't really mean anything:wink:

hmm. i just pm greg as i want to change my nick..
but can i ask like how would i know if my nick has been changed? haha =x

Last edited:
cristo said:
Really.. I didn't realize that!

Yeah, Greg changed mine too. I used to just be "Tom".

As a rule, only gold or established members may change their name. With over 140,000 members, Greg could probably spend all day working for free.

1. Why can't I change my nickname on the edit profile page?

It is possible that the website or platform you are using does not allow users to change their nickname after it has been set. This could be due to security reasons or platform limitations.

2. Can I change my nickname on a different page or through my account settings?

It depends on the website or platform you are using. Some may allow you to change your nickname on a different page or through your account settings, while others may not have this feature at all. It is best to check the platform's guidelines or contact their customer support for more information.

3. What should I do if I need to change my nickname urgently?

If you are in a situation where you need to change your nickname urgently, you can try reaching out to the website or platform's customer support. They may be able to assist you with changing your nickname or provide you with alternative solutions.

4. Will changing my nickname affect my account or profile in any way?

Changing your nickname may not have any significant impact on your account or profile. However, it is always best to check the platform's guidelines or terms of service to see if there are any restrictions or consequences for changing your nickname.

5. Can I change my nickname multiple times?

Again, this depends on the website or platform you are using. Some may allow you to change your nickname multiple times, while others may have limitations on how often you can change it. It is best to check the platform's guidelines or terms of service for more information.