1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I get a Post-grad degree in geology or meteorology after an Undergrad in physics?

1. Nov 29, 2015 #1
    Can I get a pg in geology or meteorology after ug in physics?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

I would think you could as both utilize physics but perhaps not as much as what you've studied. There may be a couple of courses needed to get you prepped for the advanced degree in the specific field but I think that is a rare case as grad school tends to cover the material again but in greater detail.

However, it's best to check with the graduate schools that you plan to apply to be absolutely sure.

4. Nov 29, 2015 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Yes, visit the web sites of some graduate schools and study their requirements for admission to the programs that you might be interested in.

5. Jan 10, 2016 #4
    Thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook