Can I make my hair grow faster?

• Thread starter ShawnD
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hair
In summary, the man is unhappy with his short hair and wishes it was longer. He has noticed that his facial hair is growing faster this year, and blames this on the fact that he is not getting enough attention from girls. He also lost his zen since he got his hair cut and needs it back to regain his equilibrium. He recommends that the man try lusting after a pretty woman in order to increase testosterone and promote hair growth. He also suggests that the man eat more healthy food in order to help his hair grow faster. Lastly, he advises the man to visit a balding treatment website or go to a Wal-Mart to purchase a hair growth supplement.
ShawnD
Science Advisor
Since I got my hair cut a few weeks ago, I've been getting less attention from girls, and I've lost my zen. I need my hair back!

Any way?

Biology news on Phys.org
what?? i love short hair on men! well, try geletin, i heard that helps...

I prefer men with short hair too...sigh.

You could try lusting after a pretty woman. This will lead to a slight rise in testosterone, which will promote hair growth...ummm...or at least beard growth. There was an old study published, okay, not so much a study as a letter, which was submitted anonymously by a wacky researcher who was living on an island for his research. He started measuring his beard growth, and noted that it always grew faster when he was expecting to leave the island to visit his girlfriend (how he got a girlfriend still remains a mystery).

Moonbear said:
You could try lusting after a pretty woman. This will lead to a slight rise in testosterone, which will promote hair growth...ummm...or at least beard growth.
Seriously? I have noticed that my facial hair is growing faster this year... the year I sit next to the sexy chem girl I always hit on :wink:.

I'm surprised you like men with short hair. I think it just looks goofy.
My hair used to be like Ashton Kutcher's hair in the older episodes of that 70's show; sort of longish. Now it looks like his hair in the newer episodes; all short and awry.

You can try to eat extra healthy food, it might help depending on what you're eating now :wink: but really, I think you'll just have to wait :)

It's hard for some people to let go of the mullet. My thoughts are with you.

Nautica

ShawnD said:
Seriously? I have noticed that my facial hair is growing faster this year... the year I sit next to the sexy chem girl I always hit on :wink:.

I'm surprised you like men with short hair. I think it just looks goofy.
My hair used to be like Ashton Kutcher's hair in the older episodes of that 70's show; sort of longish. Now it looks like his hair in the newer episodes; all short and awry.

I guess I'm just from a different generation. I've always liked the clean-cut look. Awry isn't good though...if it can go awry, it isn't short enough yet :wink: Long hair in the 70s was pretty scruffy. In the 80s it was more attractive, but then they were more of pretty-boys spending far too much time on their hair (I'm not interested in men who spend more time on their hair than I do), in the 90s it got shorter, but back to scruffy. I thought it was heading back toward shorter again, but a little tousled looking. You could always wear a hat until it grows in enough to have it recut by a better barber.

Otherwise, not much else you're going to do to get your hair to grow much faster. Even faster is still pretty slow. But a good diet is supposed to help, or more that poor nutrition will slow hair growth I think.

There is a additive called "MSM" that is claimed to enhance hair growth, although its mostly used for joint pain.

Try the Ron Pompeil hair solution. I saw this on TV and it was... compelling...

hehe Ron Pompiels "give me a hideous amount of money for something you can get far cheaper" hair solution. That stuff is a treatment of balding.. and that's not what this guy is after.

Off topic: Proven treatments for male balding are - minoxidil and finasteride. Don't ask me how i know, and I won't ask why you want to know :)

Ashton Kutcher short hair is definitely much cuter

Kerrie said:
what?? i love short hair on men! well, try geletin, i heard that helps...
Um... won't he look kind of weird running around with gelatin all over his head?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

if you want your hair grow faster , you must stimulate it.You can effleurage it.

ShawnD said:
Since I got my hair cut a few weeks ago, I've been getting less attention from girls, and I've lost my zen. I need my hair back!

Any way?
If you are bald, come to http://www.hairenergizer.com/ or http://www.hair-vitamins.net/ [Broken]
You can go to Wal-Mart near where you are living to buy some.
Guys with full hair of head are dirty to me !

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Can certain foods make my hair grow faster?

While a healthy diet is essential for overall hair health, there is no evidence that specific foods can make your hair grow faster. However, a balanced diet rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals can improve the overall health and appearance of your hair.

2. Is it true that trimming my hair regularly will make it grow faster?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea that trimming your hair regularly will make it grow faster. However, regular trims can help prevent split ends and breakage, which can improve the overall appearance and health of your hair.

3. Are there any supplements or products that can make my hair grow faster?

While there are many supplements and products on the market claiming to promote hair growth, there is limited scientific evidence to support their effectiveness. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement or product.

4. Can stress affect the growth of my hair?

Stress can potentially affect hair growth by disrupting the normal hair growth cycle. However, the effects of stress on hair growth are not well understood and may vary from person to person. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and managing stress levels may help promote healthy hair growth.

5. Will changing my hair care routine help my hair grow faster?

Your hair care routine can affect the health and appearance of your hair, but it is unlikely to significantly impact the speed of hair growth. Ensuring you are using gentle products and avoiding excessive heat and chemical treatments can help keep your hair healthy, but genetics and other factors play a larger role in hair growth rate.