1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can i pursue post grad in physics directly having an undergraduate degree in E&E?

1. Jul 21, 2012 #1
    Im about to finish my undergraduation degree in Electronics and communication engineering.. I love physics, which is the fundamental aspect of all science and math helping it hand in hand and hence i wish to carry on my career wrt quantum mechanics feild.. My doubt is, i dont have a profound knowledge in either math or physics to directly carry a post graduation in physics with respect to feild i intend.. I dont have a particular knowledge as to what to do to carry out my future in this field.. I need a detailed possibilities as to how to figure it out..

My main question is, should i try having another undergraduation degree in physics or can i directly carry out post grad and in the meantime learn necessary things which can help for post graduation? I tried to learn intuitively too but i just felt most complex things in math and physics need a best professor to sort u out what is that.. Im a sort of a person who cannot just forget a topic until i get it.. So its that i need a particular approach as to proceed with your help..

Any help would be appreciated without sarcasm because i have experienced it here trying to explain.. Most people dont understand the perfect situation im in or rather i cant explain it particularly.. So any help would be really appreciated.. Please sort it out in a particular manner which gives a clear view of ur opinion

Thankyou

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2012 #2
    Avoid using text speak.

There is a *stickied* thread which addresses the very issue of going into a physics graduate program while having a degree that's not in physics. Read it.

4. Jul 21, 2012 #3
    Not everyone is from an english-speaking country you know. But I would like an answer to this myself as I am an aeronautical engineer considering doing research in physics.

5. Jul 21, 2012 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Which is one reason we encourage the use of standard English over "text-speak". Why make it harder to read for newcomers to the language than is necessary?

Which part of the stickied thread did you not understand or was incomplete?

6. Jul 21, 2012 #5
    I read that thread and it doesnt pertain exactly to my situation. I am curous about integrating pure physics with engineering as a possible PhD research topic.

7. Dec 6, 2012 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook