Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I upgrade my laptop?

Tags:
  1. Oct 21, 2017 #1
    can anybody please tell me if it is possible to upgrade my computers GPU. just write in the comments if you need info about my pc to detemine it!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 21, 2017 #2

scottdave

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Most laptops have everything integrated. Most of the laptops that I've had experience with - the only thing that can be changed for improvements are RAM and hard drive.

4. Oct 23, 2017 #3

rbelli1

Gold Member

Most but not all. The ones that can have the GPU upgraded typically are very expensive to purchase and even more expensive to upgrade.

CPU upgrades used to be possible on many of the medium to high end laptops. I have not been that deep under the hood of a laptop in about a decade so I can't say how common it still is. If I had to guess I would say that it has become rare outside of very high end models.

BoB

5. Nov 3, 2017 #4
    Try searching for the make and model of the computer for a manual. It usually specifies what components can be replaced.

6. Nov 5, 2017 #5
    It's an exciting time getting a new graphics card for your PC. Whether you've been hanging on to the same one for years, or you're a fan of the bleeding edge, it's something that always brings new life to your gaming.
    You can see more info about this at https://www.windowscentral.com/how-upgrade-your-graphics-card

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted