1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I?

  1. Sep 6, 2007 #1
    I am currently the holder of BSc Ed (Physics/Mathematics) from my local university in Brunei.. I am interested to pursue my postgraduate (Master) in United Kingdom.. The question is that can I pursue my MSc in Physics or I have to take MEd?
    Thanks in advance
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2007 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

    Well, I don't really know what a BSc Ed is. I've had a quick search and wiki says it's a bachelor degree in science and education. If this is the case, and your degree includes the equivalent amount of physics to a BSc Physics degree offered in the UK, then I see no reason why you could not be admitted to the MSc Physics degree.

    However, the only way you can find out for real is to contact each of the departments to which you intend to apply and ask them first hand.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook