Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can it be assembled all the parts need for microcontrollers?the device you plug in pc

1. Feb 1, 2012 #1
    can all the parts be bought in hardwares? and if anyone has done this can you please give me all the parts needed, also the software you need to install using windows or linux

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2012 #2

vk6kro

Science Advisor

Re: Can it be assembled all the parts need for microcontrollers?the device you plug i

It depends on the type of processor you want to program.

There are programmers for programming assembler languages.

There are also programming devices for programming in C or in Basic. These are simpler to learn than the Assembler programming techniques. These are the Arduino and Picaxe, among others.

You also have to consider what is available in your country. Some devices are not easily imported into some countries.

4. Feb 2, 2012 #3

Averagesupernova

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Can it be assembled all the parts need for microcontrollers?the device you plug i

I think the OP is talking about replacing the processor with discreet transistors. Good luck. If this could actually be done then no software should be necessary other than what we already use.

5. Feb 2, 2012 #4

Yes, absolutely, that stuff are called DSP, CPLD and FPGA, or a digital circuit made out of miraids of logic gate if you bother...

What exactly are you trying to buy? I can probably help you out.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook