Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can it possible?

1. Apr 13, 2012 #1
    Can it possible???

Guys, i going to share an idea with professionals. i have a plan to cool my room by using car radiator. an electric pump circulate the cold water in the radiator and the fan mounted back with radiator will pass the air through the radiator.
    i just want to ask you people that is it feasible? if it is... then what is your comments about its performance. what type of liquid should i use instead of water for this project.
    any suggestions...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2012 #2
    Re: Can it possible???

How do you intend to cool the water that you are circulating?

4. Apr 13, 2012 #3

in start i am going to use ICE... if i succeed then i can use a small compressor

5. Apr 13, 2012 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Where are you getting the ice? Not a freezer in the room I hope?

Have you compared the heat capacity of a bag of ice to the capacity of a small window AC unit?

6. Apr 13, 2012 #5

Averagesupernova

Gold Member

Where he is getting the water just may depend on if he has to pay for it.
    -
    Freezer in the room. LMAO. Good one Russ, hadn't thought of that.

7. Apr 13, 2012 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Many apartment complexes would give you water for free, but here the water isn't being consumed so it isn't relevant. But free or not (not), I'm considering using tap water for evaporative cooling in my house.

8. Apr 14, 2012 #7

If you have a source of cheap ice then simply putting it in a bowl and letting the fan blow over it will be a lot more effective then chilling the water and passing it through a radiator.

9. Apr 14, 2012 #8

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook