Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can length contraction explain quantum entanglement?

1. Dec 10, 2015 #1
    Could any of the experts here say whether there could be a clue here as to how to resolve the apparent paradoxes of quantum entanglement? I mean if a distance is reduced to zero, in a photon' s frame, then we should not be surprised that measurements made on one of a pair should be reflected in the corresponding photon. I don't pretend to see this clearly, but I'm curious to hear better informed views.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2015 #2

jbriggs444

Science Advisor

[Mentor's note - lightly edited as part of moving some posts from one thread to another]
    IIt has nothing to do with the subject matter here. There is no such thing as a photon's frame and distance is never reduced to zero, so the question does not apply in any case.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
  4. Dec 10, 2015 #3

Mister T

Science Advisor

When we say "X''s frame" we mean a frame in which X is at rest. There is no such frame possible for light. Also, when you start to talk about anything in the realm of quantum physics it's essential to understand that quantum particles don't have trajectories in the usual sense of the word.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook