Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can premuim members view my e-mail address?

1. Mar 10, 2005 #1
    Hi, I have a concern about my privacy whether the premium mebers of this forum can view my e-mail address. :frown: Does anyone know?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 10, 2005 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, since you've specified your instant messager name. You can change your user set-up at the top of the page (User CP).

4. Mar 10, 2005 #3
    :blushing: No, I mean the e-mail address with which I registered.

5. Mar 10, 2005 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, not that one: you have specified that you do not wish to receive emails :smile:

6. Mar 10, 2005 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No. No one can see your e-mail address, not even if you agree to let others e-mail you.*see below

But remember this:
    If you e-mail a member, that member will receive the e-mail address you registered with on that e-mail. You will get a notice warning you of this before you send the e-mail. *If you receive an e-mail from a member and you reply, your real e-mail address will be sent to them as the "from" information.
    But no one can view this information from PF.

7. Mar 10, 2005 #6
    Yep the premium members get everything. They have your social security number (if you live in the US), they know where you and your family live, they know all; so if I were you, I would not mess around with them premium members.

*bows down and kisses the feet of premium members*

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?