1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can premuim members view my e-mail address?

1. Mar 10, 2005 #1
    Hi, I have a concern about my privacy whether the premium mebers of this forum can view my e-mail address. :frown: Does anyone know?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 10, 2005 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, since you've specified your instant messager name. You can change your user set-up at the top of the page (User CP).

4. Mar 10, 2005 #3
    :blushing: No, I mean the e-mail address with which I registered.

5. Mar 10, 2005 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, not that one: you have specified that you do not wish to receive emails :smile:

6. Mar 10, 2005 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No. No one can see your e-mail address, not even if you agree to let others e-mail you.*see below

But remember this:
    If you e-mail a member, that member will receive the e-mail address you registered with on that e-mail. You will get a notice warning you of this before you send the e-mail. *If you receive an e-mail from a member and you reply, your real e-mail address will be sent to them as the "from" information.
    But no one can view this information from PF.

7. Mar 10, 2005 #6
    Yep the premium members get everything. They have your social security number (if you live in the US), they know where you and your family live, they know all; so if I were you, I would not mess around with them premium members.

*bows down and kisses the feet of premium members*

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?