Can somebody pls explain the concept?

In summary, the resistance of a wire is directly proportional to its length and inversely proportional to its cross sectional area. This relationship is expressed by the equation R=p(L/A), where p is the resistivity of the wire. As the length increases, the resistance also increases, and as the cross sectional area decreases, the resistance increases as well. This equation can help determine the new resistance of a wire when it is stretched to a different length.
cseet
Hi All,

question:
A wire of length 1 m has a resistance of 0.3 ohm. it is uniformly stretched to length of 2 m. what is the new resistanct?

I'm not sure how to express the concept / equation?

pls guide me...
Cseet

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure, but I'd guess that the resistance is inversely proportional to the length of the wire.

Resistance is directly proportional to the length of the wire, and inversely proportional to the cross sectional area.
As the length increases, so does the resistance.
As the cross sectional area decreases (wire getting thinner) the resistance will increase.
R=p(L/A) Where p is the resistivity of the wire. This is a characterstic of the material itself to either conduct or insulate. It is not changed in your question.
However, by this equation you can see the effect of the length (L) and the Area (A) on the resistance of the wire.
I hope this helps you.

1. What is the concept?

The concept refers to a general idea or understanding of a topic or subject. It is a fundamental building block that helps us make sense of the world around us.

2. Why is it important to understand the concept?

Understanding the concept is important because it allows us to have a deeper understanding of a topic and its related ideas. It also helps us to make connections between different concepts and apply them in various situations.

3. How do I explain a concept to someone else?

The best way to explain a concept to someone else is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Use analogies, examples, and visuals to help make the concept more relatable and easier to understand.

4. Can a concept have multiple interpretations?

Yes, a concept can have multiple interpretations depending on the perspective of the person interpreting it. It is important to consider different viewpoints and interpretations when trying to fully understand a concept.

5. How can I improve my understanding of a concept?

To improve your understanding of a concept, you can try different methods such as researching, discussing with others, and practicing applying the concept in real-life scenarios. It is also helpful to continuously revisit the concept and make connections with other related concepts.