Can someone check a couple of these?

• Thread starter hbomb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Couple
In summary, the correct answers for the first set of questions are y = x^3/3 + Cx^2 and y = (5/13)^(1/3) x^(4/3) + Cx^(-1/3). The correct answers for the second set of questions are y = x^2 - c_1/x + c_2 and y = c_1 csc^(1/2) (x + c_2).
hbomb
Are these the correct answers for the following questions?

1 Solve the Bernoulli equation.

a) [tex]x\frac{dy}{dx}+67=3xy^\frac{4}{3}[/tex]

What I got:
[tex]\frac{1}{y^\frac{1}{3}}=x+cx^2[/tex]

b) [tex]x^2y'+2xy=5y^4[/tex]

What I got:
[tex]2y^(-3)=\frac{30}{13}\frac{1}{x}+cx^12[/tex]

2 Solve each differential equation.

a) [tex]xy''+2y'=6x[/tex]

What I got:
I let u=y', y''=du/dx
[tex]y=x^2-\frac{c_1}{x}+c_2[/tex]

b) [tex]y^3y''=1[/tex]

What I got:
I let u=y', y''=udu/dy
[tex]y=c_1\sqrt{csc(x+c_2)}[/tex]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No, these are not correct answers. For the first question, for part a, the correct answer is y = x^3/3 + Cx^2, and for part b, the correct answer is y = (5/13)^(1/3) x^(4/3) + Cx^(-1/3). For the second question, for part a, the correct answer is y = x^2 - c_1/x + c_2, and for part b, the correct answer is y = c_1 csc^(1/2) (x + c_2).

1. How do I know if someone has checked my work?

There are a few ways to know if someone has checked your work. One way is to ask them directly if they have reviewed it. Another way is to look for any edits or comments made on your work. Lastly, you can also ask for feedback from multiple people to get a more comprehensive review.

2. Is it necessary to have someone check my work?

While it is not always necessary, having someone else check your work can be beneficial. They may be able to catch any mistakes or offer suggestions for improvement. It can also provide a fresh perspective on your work.

3. How do I find someone to check my work?

You can find someone to check your work by reaching out to colleagues, friends, or mentors who have expertise in your field. You can also join online communities or forums where people offer to review each other's work.

4. Should I pay someone to check my work?

It is not necessary to pay someone to check your work, but it can be helpful if you want a professional or more thorough review. You can hire a freelance editor or utilize services offered by writing or editing companies.

5. How do I know if the person checking my work is qualified?

You can ask for their qualifications or credentials, such as their education or work experience. You can also ask for references or look for reviews from previous clients. It is important to choose someone who has knowledge and experience in your specific field or subject matter.