1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can someone check my lab?

1. May 9, 2005 #1
    A) A student places a light bulb 30 cm in front of a concave mirror. A real image of the bulb is found 6 cm in front of the mirror. What is the focal length of the mirror?

my answer was 5 cm

Given
    -----
    do=30cm
    di=6cm
    f=?

f=dodi/do+di

f=30*6/30+6

=5

B) If a light bulb is place 12 cm in front of a concave mirror with a focal length of 3 cm. How far in front of the mirror will the real image of the light bulb be found?

my answer was 4 cm

Given
    -----
    do=12cm
    f=3cm
    di=?

di=dof/do-f

di=12cm*3cm/12cm-3cm

=4

H) How did the location of the image change as you moved the object (light bulb) toward a mirror?

increased

I) how did the size of the image change as you moved the object toward the mirror?

increased in size

-----------------------------

A) A student places a light bulb 12 cm in front of a double convex lens. A real image of the bulb is found 3 cm on the other side of the lens. What is the focal length of the lens?

my answer was 2.4 cm

Given
    -----
    do=12cm
    di=3cm
    f=?

f=dodi/do+di

f=12*3/12+3

=2.4

B) A light bulb is place 30 cm in front of a double convex lens with a focal length of 6 cm. How far on the other side of the lens will the real image of the light bulb be found?

my answer was 7.5 cm

Given
    -----
    do=30cm
    f=6cm
    di=?

di=dodf/do-f

di=30*6/30-6

=7.5

H) How did the location of an image change as you moved the object (light bulb) toward a lens?

decreased

I) How did the size of the image change as you moved the object toward the lens?

it also decreased in size

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2005 #2
    bump, please I need this checked

4. May 9, 2005 #3
    please help me out and check

5. May 9, 2005 #4
    Last bump for the night, hopefully someone helps

6. May 9, 2005 #5
    ill bump for u

7. May 9, 2005 #6
    Thanks, hopefully someone sees this.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?