Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Can someone check my lab?

1. May 9, 2005 #1
    A) A student places a light bulb 30 cm in front of a concave mirror. A real image of the bulb is found 6 cm in front of the mirror. What is the focal length of the mirror?

my answer was 5 cm

Given
    -----
    do=30cm
    di=6cm
    f=?

f=dodi/do+di

f=30*6/30+6

=5

B) If a light bulb is place 12 cm in front of a concave mirror with a focal length of 3 cm. How far in front of the mirror will the real image of the light bulb be found?

my answer was 4 cm

Given
    -----
    do=12cm
    f=3cm
    di=?

di=dof/do-f

di=12cm*3cm/12cm-3cm

=4

H) How did the location of the image change as you moved the object (light bulb) toward a mirror?

increased

I) how did the size of the image change as you moved the object toward the mirror?

increased in size

-----------------------------

A) A student places a light bulb 12 cm in front of a double convex lens. A real image of the bulb is found 3 cm on the other side of the lens. What is the focal length of the lens?

my answer was 2.4 cm

Given
    -----
    do=12cm
    di=3cm
    f=?

f=dodi/do+di

f=12*3/12+3

=2.4

B) A light bulb is place 30 cm in front of a double convex lens with a focal length of 6 cm. How far on the other side of the lens will the real image of the light bulb be found?

my answer was 7.5 cm

Given
    -----
    do=30cm
    f=6cm
    di=?

di=dodf/do-f

di=30*6/30-6

=7.5

H) How did the location of an image change as you moved the object (light bulb) toward a lens?

decreased

I) How did the size of the image change as you moved the object toward the lens?

it also decreased in size

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2005 #2
    bump, please I need this checked

4. May 9, 2005 #3
    please help me out and check

5. May 9, 2005 #4
    Last bump for the night, hopefully someone helps

6. May 9, 2005 #5
    ill bump for u

7. May 9, 2005 #6
    Thanks, hopefully someone sees this.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook