Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can someone check out this pseudoscientist?

1. Jan 24, 2010 #1
    Elliot McGrucken has been posting all over Facebook with claims that he has developed a TOE.

I called BS and pointed out the flaws in his theory, but he said my comments were defamatory and libelous, and made it seem like he'd do something legal, so I backed off.

I'm positive he's full of ****, but for some reason he doesn't show up anywhere in a negative context. He's only in articles (probably his own) that praise his work, but I don't think that I'm the first person to realize this guy is BSing. Is there some reason no one has called this fraud out?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2010 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

1, There are an infinite number of idiots on facebook
    2, Nobody cares

4. Jan 24, 2010 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We don't debunk theories here. We rely on the peer-review and publication process for that.

There is no need to "debunk" a TOE until it gets published in an appropriate journal. Until then, for our purposes, it is just more noise.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook