Can someone help me on this one

• Thread starter wmosley
  • Start date
In summary, the demand equation for a certain commodity is D= -5p + 5 and at a price of $1, twelve units of the commodity are supplied. The supply equation is linear and the market price is $4. The supply equation can be represented as s= -5p + 50, where s is the supply, p is the variable price, and 50 is a constant.
wmosley
For a certain commodity, the demand equation is given by D= -5p + 5=. At a price of $1, twelve units of the commodity are supplied. If the supply equation is linear and the market price is $4, find the supply equation.

Answer:

For this one I have come up with a formula of:

s= ap+b where p if the varialbe, price, and a,b are constants

s is supply.

I think I have to find a and b but amd not sure.

Can someone help me with figure this one out...

Physics news on Phys.org
wmosley said:
For a certain commodity, the demand equation is given by D= -5p + 5=. At a price of $1, twelve units of the commodity are supplied. If the supply equation is linear and the market price is $4, find the supply equation.

First you'll need to find out the amount supplied at the market price. Market price is when supply equals demand.

Do you have the equation correct? If D = -5p + 5 and the market price is $4, then you're working in negatives... Did you mean -5p + 50?

Oh great, he found his way here, too.

He's already posted half his homework here

So don't bother answering.

What do you mean by "help"?

In this context, "help" usually refers to assistance or guidance in understanding or solving a problem.

What kind of problem are you referring to?

This can vary depending on the situation, but it could be a research question, a technical issue, or a conceptual problem.

Do you have any specific requirements for the help you need?

It would be helpful to know what specific skills or expertise you are looking for in order to better assist you.

What information do you need in order to help me?

In order to provide the most effective help, it would be useful to have a clear explanation of the problem and any relevant background information.

Can you recommend any resources or references to help me on my own?

While it is always helpful to have guidance from others, it can also be valuable to do your own research. Some possible resources include textbooks, online articles, or colleagues with relevant expertise.