Calculate Distance Walked in Kilometers by Betty from Bay Farm Bridge to Hornet

• Thread starter almost__overnow
  • Start date
In summary, Betty walked a distance of 2.88 kilometers from the Bay Farm bridge to the Hornet (aircraft carrier). This was calculated by multiplying her average speed of 0.8 meters per second by her trip time of 1.8 hours, which was converted to 6,480 seconds. Remember to convert units in order to get the correct distance measurement.
almost__overnow
Betty walks at average speed of 0.8 m/s from the Bay Farm bridge to the Hornet (aircraft carrier). The trip takes her 1.8 hours. How far did she walk in kilometers?

I divided it but it never came out right can someone explain how to do it?

Physics news on Phys.org
You divided? But it is multiplication that you must perform here. speed*times=distance. To remember it easily, look at the units: speed is m/s, time is s. So speed*time = (m/s)(s)=m (=distance). While distance/speed = m/(m/s)=s (=time)

P.S. Don't forget to convert the hours into seconds before multiplying!

Speed = distance/time so distance= speed* time. Do you know how many seconds there are in an hour?

Yeah 3600 seconds

1. Can someone help me out with my experiment?

Yes, there are many resources available for scientists to seek help with their experiments. You can reach out to your colleagues, consult with experts in your field, or even hire a research assistant.

2. How can I find someone to collaborate with on my research?

There are multiple ways to find potential collaborators for your research. You can attend conferences and networking events, reach out to researchers in your field through email or social media, or join online communities and forums related to your research topic.

3. Is it common for scientists to seek help from other researchers?

Yes, collaboration and seeking help from other researchers is a crucial aspect of scientific research. It allows for a sharing of knowledge, resources, and expertise, which can lead to more innovative and impactful research.

4. How can I effectively communicate my research needs to someone who is helping me?

Clear and concise communication is key when seeking help from others in your research. It is important to clearly outline your research goals, expectations, and any specific tasks or responsibilities you need help with. Providing regular updates and being open to feedback can also help ensure effective communication.

5. What are some potential ethical concerns when seeking help from others in my research?

When seeking help from others in your research, it is important to consider potential ethical concerns such as plagiarism, conflicts of interest, and proper attribution of contributions. It is important to clearly communicate and establish expectations and guidelines for collaboration to avoid any ethical issues.