Can someone help me solve these problems

• Thread starter shankarvn
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a mechanical engineering graduate seeking help with solving problems from a textbook on differential forms by Manfredo P Do Carmo. They have attached the file and are specifically looking for help with problem 1, which involves orientation on charts, problem 2, which deals with the intersection of charts, and problem 3, which requires the use of the uniqueness theorem for initial value problems of differential equations.
shankarvn
Hi everyone

I am a mechanical engg graduate. Can someone help me solve these problems?
This are problems from our textbook on differential forms by manfredo P Do carmo. I have attached the file.
Thanks

Attachments

• diffgeom.doc
    22 KB · Views: 316
Physics news on Phys.org
shankarvn said:
Hi everyone

I am a mechanical engg graduate. Can someone help me solve these problems?
This are problems from our textbook on differential forms by manfredo P Do carmo. I have attached the file.
Thanks
For 1, note that the orientation on each chart has to agree on the connected intersection, so it must be either positive or either negative throughout.

For 2, show that the intersection of the charts is connected (it actually is the equator).

For 3, use the uniqueness theorem for initial value problems of differential equations.

1. How can I find someone to help me solve these problems?

There are various ways to find someone who can help you solve problems. You can ask a teacher, a classmate, a tutor, or even post your question on online forums or discussion boards. It is important to clearly explain your problem and what type of assistance you need.

2. What are the benefits of seeking help to solve problems?

Seeking help can provide you with a fresh perspective and new ideas to tackle a problem. It can also save you time and frustration, as someone with more experience or knowledge can guide you in the right direction. Moreover, it can improve your problem-solving skills and expand your knowledge.

3. How do I know if someone is qualified to help me solve these problems?

You can ask for their credentials, such as their education background or relevant experience. It is also helpful to ask for references or check their reviews from previous clients. Additionally, you can ask them to walk you through their problem-solving process to assess their approach and expertise.

4. Is it considered cheating to ask for help to solve problems?

No, seeking help to solve problems is not considered cheating. It is a common practice in academic and professional settings. However, it is essential to make sure that the help you receive is within the guidelines set by your instructor or organization to avoid any potential ethical issues.

5. How can I ensure that I am actively learning while getting help to solve problems?

To ensure active learning, make sure to actively participate in the problem-solving process. Ask questions, provide your own insights, and try to understand the steps and concepts behind the solution. It is also helpful to attempt solving the problem on your own first before seeking help.