What are the chemical reactions and benefits involved in the cleaning industry?

• Thread starter lilitalianmami9
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking help with an assignment for their online chemistry class. The assignment involves researching chemical reactions in various industries and their impact. The student has chosen cleaning as their topic but is struggling to find information on the first question. They ask for help and are advised to search for "detergent chemistry" for more information.
lilitalianmami9
Can someone help me w/ this??

My chemistry teacher online is having us do this assignment. I've been looking up to see if I can find the answers to this but I can't seem to find it. I was wondering if anyone can help me find some information. If so I can use any of these topics(but only one):

automobile
cleaning
clothing manufacture
computer
construction
cosmetic
dental
farming
food preparation
food processing
fuel
law enforcement
medical
photography
software

Project

1. Identify chemical reactions upon which the industry relies.

2. Determine the role that each reaction plays in the industry.

3. How are the products of the reaction used by the industry?

4. What benefits does the process bring to the industry or to the larger society?

5. Obtain industry statistics regarding the annual consumption or production of the reaction species.

6. Has the industry made any recent advances that have chemical foundations?

7. Are there environmental concerns that arise as a result of the chemical processes?

8. Detail the nature of any environmental problems associated with the chemical processes.

9. What solutions and precautions are in place to prevent environmental accidents?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry, but according to the rules, we can not help unless you first show some work. Please read the Guidelines again.

Well I kinda can't show work on this because it isn't a problem. Its questions that have to be researced. I've looked them up. I'm doing CLEANING but everything is basically based off the first question. I can't find the answer. Thats why I asked here so somebody can help me.

As an example (not intended to be complete):
Automobile: gasoline combustion, iron reduction from its mineral, carbon + iron to produce steel, monomer polymerization to produce plastics, ...

Every industry needs chemical reactions. From iron to semiconductors. Just choose one industry and one of the chemical reactions involved.

lilitalianmami9 said:
Well I kinda can't show work on this because it isn't a problem. Its questions that have to be researced. I've looked them up. I'm doing CLEANING but everything is basically based off the first question. I can't find the answer. Thats why I asked here so somebody can help me.
Okay, so if you've picked Cleaning as your topic, I suggest you search for "detergent chemistry". That should get you lots of good hits.

1. How can someone help me with this?

Someone can help you by offering their knowledge or expertise, providing resources or guidance, or physically assisting with the task at hand.

2. Why do I need someone's help?

You may need someone's help because you lack the necessary skills or knowledge to complete the task on your own, or because the task requires more than one person to complete efficiently.

3. Who should I ask for help?

You can ask anyone who you believe has the knowledge or skills to assist you with the task. This could be a friend, colleague, or mentor.

4. How do I know if someone is willing to help me?

The best way to find out if someone is willing to help you is to simply ask them. Be respectful of their time and make sure to clearly communicate what kind of help you need.

5. Is it okay to ask for help?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask for help. No one knows everything and seeking assistance is a sign of strength, not weakness. Just make sure to be grateful and appreciative of the help you receive.