Solving a Boundary Value Problem using Fourier Transforms

• Thread starter modeiry88
  • Start date
In summary, it is perfectly acceptable to ask for help when trying to solve a problem. As a scientist, one can offer their expertise and knowledge to assist others. There are various ways in which someone can provide assistance, such as giving guidance, offering resources, or working together to find a solution. The time it takes to solve a problem may vary and it's important to communicate openly about expectations. There are many ways to find someone to help with a problem, including reaching out to friends, family, colleagues, or professionals, searching online, or networking and building relationships.
modeiry88

Homework Statement

Formally solve the following boundary value problem using Fourier Transforms.

Homework Equations

[tex]\partial[/tex]u/[tex]\partial[/tex]t = ([tex]\partial[/tex][tex]^{2}[/tex]u/[tex]\partial[/tex]x[tex]^{2}[/tex])+([tex]\partial[/tex]u/[tex]\partial[/tex]x)

(-[tex]\infty[/tex]<x<[tex]\infty[/tex],t>0)

u(x,0)=[tex]\Phi[/tex](x)

(-[tex]\infty[/tex]<x<[tex]\infty[/tex])

u(x,t) is bounded for -[tex]\infty[/tex]<x<[tex]\infty[/tex],t[tex]\geq[/tex]0

The Attempt at a Solution

Cannot come up with a solution

Physics news on Phys.org
That's 3 posts and no work shown on anyone of them. You *must* show an attempt at a solution, or we cannot be of help to you. Please click on the "Rules" link at the top of the page.

1. Can someone solve this problem for me?

Yes, as a scientist, I am trained to solve complex problems using scientific methods and analytical thinking. I am always happy to help others by offering my expertise and knowledge.

2. How can someone help me solve this issue?

There are a few ways someone can help you solve your problem. They can provide guidance and advice, offer resources and tools, or work with you to find a solution together. It's important to communicate clearly about what you need and how the other person can assist you.

3. Is it okay to ask for help with solving a problem?

Absolutely. Asking for help is a sign of strength and shows that you are open to learning and collaborating with others. It's important to recognize when you need assistance and to reach out to others who may have more knowledge or experience in a certain area.

4. Can someone solve this problem quickly?

The time it takes to solve a problem depends on the complexity of the issue and the resources available. As a scientist, I am trained to work efficiently and effectively, but some problems may require more time and effort to find a solution. It's important to be patient and communicate openly about time expectations.

5. How can I find someone to help me solve this problem?

There are many ways to find someone to help you solve a problem. You can reach out to friends, family, colleagues, or professionals in the field. You can also search online for forums or communities where people with similar expertise or knowledge may be able to assist you. Networking and building relationships can also help you find someone who can help you with your specific problem.