Can someone me with an integral question

• Thread starter inflames829
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, the conversation is about finding the antiderivative of the given function with a specified condition and the person asking for help has not shown their attempts at solving the problem. They are having difficulty integrating parts of the function and are seeking assistance.
inflames829
let F(x) be the antiderivative of the function
f(x) = -x sin (pi*x)-3cos(pi*x)
such that F(0) = 0.Find F(1/2)

Physics news on Phys.org
ive tried so many differnet ways for this and i still can't get it can someone please help

Well, so far you have done just about everything wrong! First, you posted this in "Learning Materials" rather than in the homework section. Second, although you say you have "tried so many different ways", you have shown none of them so we can't say what you might have done wrong.

Are you having difficulty integrating -3 cos(pi x)? Or is it -x sin(pi x)?

The first should be easy and the second not to difficult to do using integration by parts.

What is an integral?

An integral is a mathematical concept that represents the area under a curve on a graph. It is used to calculate the total value of a function over a given range.

Why do I need help with an integral question?

Integrals can be complex and require a thorough understanding of calculus. It is common for individuals to seek help with these types of questions in order to better understand the concept or to solve a specific problem.

Can I use a calculator to solve an integral?

Yes, there are calculators that can solve integrals for you. However, it is important to have a basic understanding of the concept in order to properly input the necessary information into the calculator.

What is the process for solving an integral?

The process for solving an integral involves finding the antiderivative of the function, plugging in the upper and lower limits of the integral, and then subtracting the result from the upper limit value to the lower limit value.

Can you provide an example of solving an integral?

For example, if the integral is 2x dx with upper limit of 5 and lower limit of 2, the solution would be (5)^2 - (2)^2 = 25 - 4 = 21.