Can someone PLEASE help me with this problem?

• Thread starter Miss1nik2
  • Start date
Can someone PLEASE help me with this problem??

In a football game a kicker attempts a field goal. The ball remains in contact with the kicker's foot for 0.0300 s, during which time it experiences an acceleration of 229 m/s2. The ball is launched at an angle of 50.3 ° above the ground. Determine the (a) horizontal and (b) vertical components of the launch velocity.

I figured out that Ax=146.28 and Ay= 176.19, but Im stuck after that.

Answers and Replies

well you did the hard part...

I would've found the velocity first then broken it down into components, but I suppose your way is just as good....

you got t = .03 s
you got Ax = 146.28 and Ay = 176.19

well, Velocity = (acceleration) X (time)

so find Vx and Vy

I think I got it. Thanks.

But now I need help with...

A rocket is fired at a speed of 63.0 m/s from ground level, at an angle of 37.0 ° above the horizontal. The rocket is fired toward an 18.1-m high wall, which is located 32.0 m away. The rocket attains its launch speed in a negligibly short period of time, after which its engines shut down and the rocket coasts. By how much does the rocket clear the top of the wall?

I got Vox=50.31 and Voy=37.91. And I got, at 32 m the time is t=.64s. Then y=22.26. Then subtract 18.1 and I got 4.16.

.....well in that case I dont think u need help at all, cuz I got the same answer! good job!