1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can someone tell me what's wrong with my photovoltaic cell fill factor?

1. Dec 9, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A 12V photovoltaic cell receives solar irradiance of 200W/cm^2. Measurement show that the photovoltaic cell has an open-circuit of 0.6V, short-circuit current of 3A, and the photovoltaic cell maximum current is 80% of the short-circuit current. The efficiency of the photovoltaic cell is 10%. Calculate the photovoltaic cell maximum voltage and the photovoltaic fill factor.

2. Relevant equations
    n = Pmp/Pin , FF = (Vmp*Imp) / (Voc* Isc)

3. The attempt at a solution
    I calculated my Vmp = 8.33V , FF = 11.11 (Which is wrong!!) Because it's more than 1! Can someone tell me where i got it wrong? Or is the the value of the question was wrong? Because i sort of added some of these value myself to simulate my coming test..

I've also attached a pdf file asking another question on b) At 400W/m^2 solar irradiance and 25 degree, estimate the following, open-circuit voltage and short-circuit?

Thanks for replying!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?