Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can someone zero in on one person's frequency?

1. Aug 12, 2015 #1
    I'm new, so first let me just apologize if I ask a stupid question!! I recently had a bad breakup with my boyfriend, and he pretty much told me I was crazy and he was going to make sure I got some help. I've been experiencing some strange things in my life since he said that, and my family now thinks I'm "losing it".

My question is.......can someone zero in on an individuals frequency and reek havoc on their life?

Thanks for any help!! I seriously feel like I'm running out of time......:(

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2015 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Hi there!

It's not possible for someone to 'zero in on an individuals frequency' because there is no such thing as 'an individual's frequency'. There are many different things which we can attribute a frequency to, but these all deal with wave-type or cyclic phenomena. The sound waves generated by your vocal chords, the collective activation neurons in the brain, and mechanical vibrations through your body as you walk are but a few. But we cannot tap into any of these and use them to affect someone in any meaningful way. Nor is there a single frequency to any of these phenomena which would correspond to an 'individual's frequency'. Despite what you may have heard or read, it is not possible to tap into brainwaves or anything else in your body. We don't even know if such technology is possible, so there's no chance that someone has already developed it.

If things are as bad as you say they are, then I recommend talking to your family doctor and/or seeking help from a mental health professional. Your issues could stem from something as simple as stress or from one of a number of medical issues, but the only way to find out is for you to seek out professional help.

Since we aren't allowed to give out any specific medical advice, I'm going to have to close this thread. If you just need someone to talk to then feel free to PM myself or another mentor.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook