Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can the readings of a field meter be effected by non magnetic/non electrical objects ?

1. Nov 15, 2014 #1
    hello everyone , i am clueless about electrical engineering and want to ask something

this meter is based on orgone energy .. which is not accepted by science currently

i want to ask is this meter fake ? then how is it able to get those different readings( which looks precise ) for different objects ? and change when a hand/water/plastic is placed near it ?

is getting readings like this in any type of field meter possible by currently accepted scientific principles ?

thanks

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2014 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the Physics Forums.

If might react to capacitance of a body in proximity. It might be looking at dielctric losses, rather than straightforward capacitance.

4. Nov 15, 2014 #3

Baluncore

Science Advisor

The Heliognosis model LM4, “Experimental Life Energy Meter”, includes a built in small flat plate electrode, 4 "AA" batteries, external tube electrode, and users manual including examples. Price: US$379.95

NascentOxygen is correct. The presence of the “flat plate electrode” identifies a capacitive interface.

The presence of an LM4 meter demonstrates gullibility and a loss of US$380.

5. Nov 15, 2014 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

This is a capacitance meter. Nothing mysterious.

We cannot discuss pseudoscience here, so I am going to close the thread. But since the answer is so clear I will leave it visible rather than deleting it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook