Can we control love!

• Thread starter disordered
  • Start date
Show up at his house in the middle of the night?

That is how I pull most of my girls.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
That is how I pull most of my girls.
I don't understand this terminiology. Are most of your girls slow-cooked pork?

Few points:

1. Infatuation and Love are completely different. The former is a feeling and the later is... something much more wonderful.

2. Yes, you can control infatuation or any other feeling. This can be done by becoming more busy, productive, and having a higher self esteem. Of course, this can be applied to any feeling that is emotionally destabilizing.

3. Love, however, is uncontrollable. Though, please realize that what you are feeling is NOT love.
Of course it can be controlled. You can make people want to raise their arm by putting a spool next to their head on the right place. It's just a lot harder.

Also, see my above post for an even more cynical perspective on this.

I don't understand this terminology. Are most of your girls slow-cooked pork?

Yes.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Okay, I'm not trying to make a running gag of being obtuse, but...

You can make people want to raise their arm by putting a spool next to their head on the right place.
:confused::confused::confused:
What does infatuation have to do with salutations in a Nazi-era sewing factory?

Oh sweet baby Jesus!!:rofl::rofl:

I mean to say, that, theoretically, the hypothesis is that you can make people do anything by putting a voltage on the right nerves.

I mean, say that I go grab a cake, that happens because of the signals of my eyes and all that put into motion some awesome swarm intelligence I call my central nervous system.

Well, if I replicate the exact same voltages that would be given by my eye neurons we would expect that I execute the same behaviour with my hands. Of course, from my perspective, I then actually SEE the cake, I don't notice a difference my eye neurons are stimulated by some machine, voilla.

Now, why do we love some one? For all sorts of qualities, naturally, it's theoretically possible to in the same way let us perceive those qualities by putting the right voltages on the right neurons, it's a dauntingly complex task, but it's probably possible to implant a machine behind your eyes to make you see a specific person as read haired, while she in reality is blonde. (just an example), kindness can also be achieved.

I . . . achieved.

So you are telling me, that if I shock myself enough, I can pick and choose who I love?

So you are telling me, that if I shock myself enough, I can pick and choose who I love?

I mean to say, that, theoretically, the hypothesis is that you can make people do anything by putting a voltage on the right nerves.

In practice all hypothesis fail! :rofl:

This is why you should always read a complete thread all the way through and not just jump to the last page. It sounds like someone suggested to the OP that the solution to the problem was to get a car battery and some jumper cables and...

(But yes, PM the person. Don't suggest a meet, just say something nice. People love flattery, especially if it is sincere.)

(But yes, PM the person. Don't suggest a meet, just say something nice. People love flattery, especially if it is sincere.)

What better form of flattery you want than a public display of adulation on physicforums.com ?

What better form of flattery you want than a public display of adulation on physicforums.com ?

Maybe it's just me, but public declarations of interest always seem a little creepy. I'm always appalled by these morons who propose marriage to women in public.

I think a short note expressing a little interest and giving a short explanation why would work better than any post.

(For the OP that is. Don't propose marriage in a note either.)

I think a short note expressing a little interest and giving a short explanation why would work better than any post.

Yes, but you are ignoring the fact that this thread does exist :P Kinda late for sensible PMs :P

I admit that the OP should probably wait a week... but this will fall off the face of the earth soon enough. Faster if the hijacking continues...

Who are you to say things about saying things?

Who are you to say things about saying things?

Who is to say what should be said about saying things?

(Man, I'm just *begging* the mods to close this thread now...)

YEAH,, pretty complex shocks, but yeah.

I mean, I can already make you hate some one.

Let's say I show you a picture of some person you know and give you an electric pain shock every time you see that picture. You then should after a while grow to hate that person.

What if I pump endorphins in your brain every time you see that picture? You should then fall in love with that person. Or at least, that's what falling in love with a person is, your brain saves me the work.

Let's say I show you a picture of some person you know and give you an electric pain shock every time you see that picture. You then should after a while grow to hate that person.

Knowing Moto, he will reach for a weapon way before you will have any chance to condition him through painful shocks :P I would start running now.

We should have a poll!

Who is disordered's beau? Beau Diddley, Beau Jackson, Beau Derek, Beau the Portugese Water Dog, or Bo Bridges?

...And another poll. Who is disordered? Soccer Mom, Sokudo Fan 111!, Socrates, or Sock Monkey Monster 7?

I saw this great Nike commercial. The slogan was 'Just do it!'. It beats the infinite sock monkey theorem.