Can we speak with higher beings of existance?

• Thread starter Alan J.
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of a higher being and whether or not it would be scientifically possible to communicate with this being. The theory is that if a higher being existed in a 3rd dimension, it would be impossible for beings in a 2nd dimension to communicate with it due to the limitations of sound and space. However, there is a flaw in this argument as it is possible for a 3rd dimensional being to interact with a 2nd dimensional world. The conversation also explores the idea that dimensions may not be completely isolated from each other and that a higher being may have the ability to communicate with beings in lower dimensions. Overall, the conversation raises interesting questions about the limitations and possibilities of communication between different dimensions.
Alan J.
Hello. I'm a fairly new physics student that goes to no school but is rather sitting at home and self learning this subject. I'm eager to learn more and any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My theory is that if a higher being existed that it would be scientifically impossible to converse with said being. Let's see if i can explain.

Ok for this instance, let's pretend that we humans live in a 2d universe and the higher being in a 3rd demension. If the higher being was indeed observing us in an "kid with a magnifying glass" fashion. And in the 2d universe sound travels in a wave along the 2d demension and does not transcend into the 3rd demension as such are the rules of the 2nd demension which sound could only travel forward, backward, side to side. Then theoretically the higher being could not hear us because the sound would not be audible to the 3rd demension because sound could not travel up nor down. Thus people claiming to have spoken with a higher power are frauds <edit - MIH>.

Unless of course they spoke through telekenetics in which case this would be an entire other conversation.

If there is flaw in my logic please let me know asap.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey Alan.

I think that you may be on to something with your theory. However, in this case I think that there may be a flaw with your 2d/3d argument. Let me explain.

If we imagine the 2d world as the x-y plane in a given space, we can imagine 3d world consisting of the same x-y plane with the z-axis added to give the 3rd dimension.

Now, let's say you have a sound wave (which is actually not a pure 2d wave, given that realistically sound travels as a sort of "pressure" wave) traveling along the x-y plane in the traditional sinusoidal fashion. Let's also say that a 3rd dimensional being (we'll call him Joe) is moving along the z-axis toward the x-y plane. Once Joe's ear crosses the x-y plane he'll be able to detect/hear the 2d sound wave. Likewise, Joe can say something once his mouth crosses the x-y plane and those people in the 2d space should be able to hear what Joe is saying.

I see what you are trying to say with this argument, however you may want to use a better example.

On another note, you may want to explore the possibility that if there is a being of higher existence, that it may not be limited to it's own dimension. That is to say that this being will be able to interact with the other 'lower' dimensions (as we'll call them for now) and thus still be able to communicate with beings in these lower dimensions. Using the previous example, Joe was able to interact with the 2d world.

Anyway, that's the input I have. Maybe I'm way off, or maybe I helped.

That's the thing... I believe Joe would be limited to his own demension and if not then he could not physically enter the 2nd demension. Same with a piece of paper with a doodle of stick figures. We can observe the stick figures but we cannot go into the x y plane to interact with figures. However as being a 3rd demension entity we can minipulate the 2nd demension by adding or removing stick figures or changing their environment. My theory does not disprove a higher being exists. Just meerly that 2nd demension being could not converse with the 3rd demension and vice vesa.

I'm not sure you can say that Joe can't 'enter' the 2nd dimension. Joe already exists as part of the 2nd dimension, he just has the added bonus of being able to also exist in the 3rd dimension.

Isolating Joe to the 3rd dimension would make Joe a 1d entity and therefore a 'lesser' being than the 2d beings. I think we could then say that the 3rd dimension would not exist without the basis of the 1st and 2nd dimensions. I'm not sure it's possible to completely isolate/separate multiple dimensions from each other.

In conclusion, I would say that you are right, 2d beings can't communicate with Joe. However, Joe can receive and send communications to the 2d beings as he already exists as part of that 2d space.

Mr. Bill said:
I'm not sure you can say that Joe can't 'enter' the 2nd dimension. Joe already exists as part of the 2nd dimension, he just has the added bonus of being able to also exist in the 3rd dimension.

Isolating Joe to the 3rd dimension would make Joe a 1d entity and therefore a 'lesser' being than the 2d beings. I think we could then say that the 3rd dimension would not exist without the basis of the 1st and 2nd dimensions. I'm not sure it's possible to completely isolate/separate multiple dimensions from each other.

In conclusion, I would say that you are right, 2d beings can't communicate with Joe. However, Joe can receive and send communications to the 2d beings as he already exists as part of that 2d space.

In your mindset, you view dimensions as being piled onto and into each other as a rule. If this were true then the 2nd stick figures could in FACT see a part of Joe in their demension though never fully grasping what JOE is because they cannot see the entire being as being only 2nd demension creatures. For example the 2nd demension being may only see "--" as Joe but in fact is :approve:.

Alan J. said:
Ok for this instance, let's pretend that we humans live in a 2d universe and the higher being in a 3rd demension. If the higher being was indeed observing us in an "kid with a magnifying glass" fashion. And in the 2d universe sound travels in a wave along the 2d demension and does not transcend into the 3rd demension as such are the rules of the 2nd demension which sound could only travel forward, backward, side to side. Then theoretically the higher being could not hear us because the sound would not be audible to the 3rd demension because sound could not travel up nor down. Thus people claiming to have spoken with a higher power are frauds

Yes, there's a huge problem with your "logic". Your premise is unfounded.

This is exactly like saying: "Let's pretend there are only even numbers; thus anyone claiming there are odd numbers is a fraud."

Gokul43201 said:
Yes, there's a huge problem with your "logic". Your premise is unfounded.

This is exactly like saying: "Let's pretend there are only even numbers; thus anyone claiming there are odd numbers is a fraud."

Then may we hear an argument for the ability to communicate with higher beings instead of just flaming on a student who has not yet learned all that you appear to know?

I believe that your lack of understanding of the general theory of dimensions is going to make it impossible for this discussion to progress.

I think that you are making some excellent points and that in your own theory are correct. However I think that this topic doesn't have as simple of an answer as this.

Last edited:
Fair enough

Alan J. said:
Then may we hear an argument for the ability to communicate with higher beings instead of just flaming on a student who has not yet learned all that you appear to know?
I did not intend any "flaming". All I did was point out that the logic was erroneous. This does not mean I have an argument for "an ability to communicate with higher beings" - the existence of which is not a necessary logical outcome of your argument being incorrect.

My own opinion is that most people that do claim communication with a "higher being" are, in fact, frauds. The rest are simply deluded. But that is not really much of a philosophical point.

Alan J. said:

You posted an open call for criticism of your argument. If you cannot take negative feedback, which is only given in the spirit of helpfulness, then it is pointless to even continue with this thread. It just wastes the time of our members.

1. Can we really communicate with higher beings of existence?

The answer to this question is not entirely clear. While some people believe that we can communicate with higher beings through spiritual or meditative practices, there is no scientific evidence to support this claim. It is also important to consider that what one person may perceive as communication with a higher being may simply be their own interpretation of their thoughts or feelings.

2. How can we speak with higher beings of existence?

As mentioned before, there is no scientific proof that we can communicate with higher beings. However, some people believe that through practices such as meditation, prayer, or rituals, we can open ourselves up to a higher level of consciousness and potentially communicate with these beings. It is also important to keep an open mind and be receptive to any messages or insights that may come through.

3. Do we need special abilities or powers to speak with higher beings of existence?

There is no evidence to suggest that special abilities or powers are necessary to communicate with higher beings. However, some people may have a natural inclination or sensitivity to spiritual or metaphysical realms, which may make it easier for them to perceive or interpret any potential communication from higher beings.

4. Are there any risks or dangers in trying to communicate with higher beings of existence?

As with any spiritual or metaphysical practice, there is always the potential for misinterpretation or misunderstanding. It is important to approach any attempt at communication with higher beings with caution and to seek guidance from experienced practitioners if needed. It is also important to maintain a healthy sense of skepticism and not blindly believe everything that may come through in a communication.

5. What can we gain from speaking with higher beings of existence?

Many people believe that communicating with higher beings can bring a sense of guidance, clarity, and purpose to their lives. It can also provide a deeper understanding of the interconnectedness of the universe and our place in it. However, it is important to approach these experiences with an open mind and to not become overly reliant on external sources for guidance and direction in life.