1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can You All Tell Me How To Do This Step By Step.

1. Dec 13, 2004 #1
    :confused: The Areas Of 2 Adjacent Squares Are 4 cm^2 and 196 cm^2.

Find The Length Of The Segment Joining The Centers Of Their Inscribe Circles.

(Theres A Picture Of 1 Big Square And 1 Small Square - Each Square Has A Circle Inside - The Center Of Each Circle Is Indicated By A Dot - There Is One Line Connecting The 2 Dots.)

( I Don't Know How To Post The Picture In Here)

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2004 #2
    well, the first square is 2x2 (you just get the square root) and the 2nd square is 14x14 so...
    the radius of the first circle is 1 (it's half the diameter) and the 2nd one is 7 so...?

7+1 = 8

4. Dec 13, 2004 #3

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Since this is a geometry problem without a picture and with an ambiguous text (u cannot tell only by looking at the text how those squares are),text it is quite a big probability that uyour answer to be wrong. :wink:

Daniel.

PS.Did u try to put as an attachement to your message???It usually works that way,as long as it's not more than 50kB of data.

5. Dec 13, 2004 #4
    You're right Dan - My name is also Daniel too, btw :tongue: ...
    I don't know what he meant by "adjacent" - I just assume the simplest case.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?