Can You All Tell Me How To Do This Step By Step.

• Thread starter Chikawakajones
  • Start date
In summary: In this case, the squares are 2 cm on a side, so their areas are 4 cm^2 and 196 cm^2. So the length of the segment joining the centers of the inscribed circles is 4 cm.
Chikawakajones
:confused: The Areas Of 2 Adjacent Squares Are 4 cm^2 and 196 cm^2.

Find The Length Of The Segment Joining The Centers Of Their Inscribe Circles.

(Theres A Picture Of 1 Big Square And 1 Small Square - Each Square Has A Circle Inside - The Center Of Each Circle Is Indicated By A Dot - There Is One Line Connecting The 2 Dots.)

( I Don't Know How To Post The Picture In Here)

Physics news on Phys.org
well, the first square is 2x2 (you just get the square root) and the 2nd square is 14x14 so...
the radius of the first circle is 1 (it's half the diameter) and the 2nd one is 7 so...?

7+1 = 8

futb0l said:
well, the first square is 2x2 (you just get the square root) and the 2nd square is 14x14 so...
the radius of the first circle is 1 (it's half the diameter) and the 2nd one is 7 so...?

7+1 = 8

Since this is a geometry problem without a picture and with an ambiguous text (u cannot tell only by looking at the text how those squares are),text it is quite a big probability that uyour answer to be wrong. :wink:

Daniel.

PS.Did u try to put as an attachement to your message?It usually works that way,as long as it's not more than 50kB of data.

dextercioby said:
Since this is a geometry problem without a picture and with an ambiguous text (u cannot tell only by looking at the text how those squares are),text it is quite a big probability that uyour answer to be wrong. :wink:

Daniel.

PS.Did u try to put as an attachement to your message?It usually works that way,as long as it's not more than 50kB of data.

You're right Dan - My name is also Daniel too, btw :tongue: ...
I don't know what he meant by "adjacent" - I just assume the simplest case.

1. How do I know if I'm doing the steps correctly?

The best way to ensure that you are doing the steps correctly is by carefully reading and following the instructions step by step. You can also refer to any diagrams or videos provided for visual guidance.

2. What if I get stuck on a particular step?

If you get stuck on a particular step, you can try re-reading the instructions or consulting with a teacher or mentor for further clarification. You can also search for online tutorials or forums for additional guidance.

3. Can I skip any steps?

No, it's important to follow all the steps in the correct order to achieve the desired outcome. Skipping steps may result in errors or an incomplete result.

4. Do I need any special equipment or materials?

The materials and equipment needed for each step will be listed in the instructions. Make sure to have all the necessary items before starting the process.

5. Can I modify the steps to fit my own needs?

In most cases, it's best to follow the steps as they are written to achieve the desired outcome. However, if you have a good understanding of the process, you may be able to make minor modifications to fit your specific needs.