Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you answer these?

1. Mar 26, 2009 #1
    When asking about twin paradox, people explained by telling me that the condition isn't symmetric as the accleration isn't relative.
    If accleration isn't relative then can you answer this:
    suppose I place you and your freind in space, far from everything else and also far from each other. Then I will apply gravitational pull on one of you only thus acclerating one of you. Each of you will see other acclerating away. Now to find who is the one I am applying force to acclerate, what experiment would you carry out to find if you are in "real accleration" or not?
    (if you throw a stone, it will still appear to go away in uniform velocity whether you are acclerating or not, as my gravitaional force acts not only on you but everything you throw.)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also answer my these elementary question about the two clock A and B.
    If I move away clock A and bring it back to B, which will be slower?

If Clock A moves away from clock B (as seen by clock B) with uniform velocity then will the time on clock A continue to change with that of B or maintain a constant diffrence (from the synchronized time)?

Suppose Clock A revolve round clock B (then for B, A is acclerating as velocity is constantly changing), what effects will be there on the times, they record.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted