Riddle: What is Between 2 Ears and Requires Intelligence?

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
In summary, the question is what is between two ears, has no mass and occupies no space but requires intelligence. The conversation is about what is between two ears, has no mass and occupies no space but requires intelligence. The answer is that some of us have "conversations" going on between our ears.
timejim
What is between 2 ears, has no mass and occupies no space but requires intelligence?

Physics news on Phys.org
Is this a trick question?

I never was good at this sort of things. Here's what I think the answer is:

' What is between 2 ears, has no mass and occupies no space but requires intelligence? '

The question doesn't really have mass or space if it is in cyberspace, does it? But it DOES require intelligence, which I quite obviously don't have.

The space in my head where my brain should be. it is empty it has no mass and it REQUIRES intelligence (i even has a vacancy sign on my head for intelligence) because I am sucking at my exams.

right answer?

[?]

The space between small boxes in the upper corner of the page in a newspaper or periodical that contains a printed notice, such as promotional material or weather information

thought, reasoning, understanding, etc... these have no mass and would be performed between 2 ears, but without the "mass" that makes them possible, they can't happen, so I don't know.

OOH OOH I KNOW! invisible massless aliens which are hologramatic so take up no space...wait for it, IN A CORNFIELD...they have ears of corn either side of them! oh yes, what a PRO!

consciousness?

Let me think about this!

Evo beat me to it, sounds like a thought.

thoughts, ideas,etc.

so not invisible massless hologramatic corn-loving aliens then? [b(]

I guess the space between small boxes in the upper corner of the page in a newspaper or periodical that contains a printed notice, such as promotional material or weather information neither :frown:

The mind?

Originally posted by timejim
What is between 2 ears, has no mass and occupies no space but requires intelligence?
A conversation.

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
A conversation.
Wouldn't that normally be between a mouth and an ear? Of course, some of us do have "conversations" going on between our ears.

Originally posted by Evo
Wouldn't that normally be between a mouth and an ear? Of course, some of us do have "conversations" going on between our ears.

I bet "they" told you to say that!

Originally posted by phatmonky
thoughts, ideas,etc.

Yes!

Yes!
HEY! I posted that first! (shoves phatmonkey out of the way) :wink:
Originally posted by Evo thought, reasoning, understanding, etc...

Yes!
Heh*Heh*Heh! Care to prove that?

Evo got it.

Hey whatever happened to those weekly quizzes ?

Originally posted by Zantra
Evo got it.
Not disputing that...questioning the 'proof' of her answer, as in Prove you have had a thought! (you, now --> )

)me, Now, ( GETCHA?

So, you're saying Van Gogh had no thoughts or intelligence since he only had one ear? Now wait just a gall dang minute here...

Heh*Heh*Heh! Care to prove that?

I'M her proof! Care to DISPROVE THAT, you planetary/universal slumlord, you!?
(you, now --> )
(Evo and me now ---> )

Yeah, and Neptune belongs to Phobos, you smarmy sonnofagun! We've reposessed it TO PAY YOUR BACKTAXES! HA! Take THAT!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Evo
HEY! I posted that first! (shoves phatmonkey out of the way) :wink:

Okay, whoever was first, but I thought Who was on second and What was on first?

Okay, whoever was first, but I thought Who was on second and What was on first?
who's on first, what's on second, I don't know's on third.

What?

he's on second

who?

No, he's on first!

so where do i stand? as long as it isn't in the cornfield with the invisible massless hologramatic aliens I am ok.

Originally posted by jimmy p
... I am ok.
THAT'S debatable!

Originally posted by Tsunami
THAT'S debatable!

well THAT is just mean! [b(]

Please everyone if you will just start wrting out your declaration of faith loyalty and willingness to remain subserviant and suplicational to me for the rest of my, and 'myn Herrs', lives, THEN we can return to this silly debate you have about my ownership of everything, and how you think you will still have the rigths to breath my air...

(how is it Y'alls types that...)

MaWHOooooHahahahahaHaHaHaha...insert evil laughing smilie...well somewheres...

Last edited:
well THAT is just mean! [b(]
Oh, Chopnik! I'm sorry! I was just teasing you! It's what I say about myself when people say to me 'Hey, Tsunami. I don't care what your mom says about you - you're OK'.
OK? Are you OK now? Evo! Give your sweet sonny boy a BIG hug and a piece of Belgian chocolate for me! I went and hurt his feelings! :frown: I'm going to go collect me some whippings and put on a hair shirt for a while... :frown:

Originally posted by Tsunami
:frown: I'm going to go collect me some whippings and put on a hair shirt for a while... :frown:

Hehe that made me laugh, you don't have to collect whippings or wear a hair shirt! you made me happy with that post so all is forgiven! *BIG HUG*

me =

Hehe that made me laugh, you don't have to collect whippings or wear a hair shirt! you made me happy with that post so all is forgiven! *BIG HUG*

me =

Thank you, sweet Chopnik! (*removes nasty offending shirt*) AHHH...MUCH better. (What a sick, barbaric practice THAT used to be! Who the h*ll ever thought of THAT one??!)

someone who was an evil and sadistic task-master who had way too much time on his hands as to develop cruel instruments and methods of torture. Maybe it was an ancestor of Mr. Robin Parsons, the cruel and oppressive Overlord of the Solar System, scourge of the stars, master of the meteors, commander of crappy cliches!

Last edited:
someone who was an evil and sadistic task-master who had way too much time on his hands as to develop cruel instruments and methods of torture. Maybe it was an ancestor of Mr. Robin Parsons, the cruel and oppressive Overlord of the Solar System, scourge of the stars, master of the meteors, commander of crappy cliches!
Humm the word "Proprietor" is sufficient to cover it all, n'est pas?

Humm the word "Proprietor" is sufficient to cover it all, n'est pas?
Nope. SLUMLORD!

i thought that you could have done with all the introduction...jeez some Overlords are never happy...