Can you date a younger guy?

heya! this really cute guy asked me out today, but 5 minutes later i found out that he's 2 years younger than me. he's ok with it but I feel kinda funny bout going out wit him. most of my girl friends think its a bad idea... Wot do u guyz tink? :confused:

Is it in the constitution of your country to not date younger guys because other people says so?

Go out with him, have fun.

Last edited:
hahah. yeah ok... but u dont understand these are my friends from school. i went to this prissy catholic all girls school, they are uptight bout stuff like that. I know , its sound stupid.. i'm an adult now and I should be able be myself, but i've known these girls since i was like 8, and wot they think matters to me. My best friend went out wit this guy who had.. well... a pretty crappy sense of style ... and they literally sat her down and told her to break up wit him. She did it in the end coz the social pressure within the group was too much... !

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
mooberrymarz said:
but 5 minutes later i found out that he's 2 yrs younger than me.
If you didn't notice he was younger, does it really matter? Everyone has their own level of maturity, strange friends you have :)

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Age differences stop having as much of a meaning as you get older.

2 years seems like a big difference when you're a teenager. Maybe even into the really early 20s.

Once you're mid-twenties, 2 years would be a non-issue

jimmy p

Gold Member
enigma said:
Age differences stop having as much of a meaning as you get older.

2 years seems like a big difference when you're a teenager. Maybe even into the really early 20s.

Once you're mid-twenties, 2 years would be a non-issue

Good advice, couldnt have said it better myself... now if only i could convince them older ladies!

yes my friends are a bit odd. they are very prim and proper...there are lots of thing they dont approve of. Like drinking, smoking, premarital sex... and dating younger guyz, or guyz who dont fit the social standard. It has to with the school we went to.. it was very, snobby. i'm not like that coz its just to much effort to be like that, they dont hate me for it but they are forever trying to bring me back from the"dark side". Monique have u ever dated a younger guy?

Njorl

Science Advisor
Heh, I remember dating an older girl when I was in college. She knew I was younger, but not exactly how much. I was working over the summer, and she thought I had graduated already. I knew she was older, but not how much. I was surprised to find out she was 26. She was quite a bit more surprised to find out I was 19. It didn't last long after that.

Njorl

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
mooberrymarz said:
Monique have u ever dated a younger guy?
hah, I'd be the wrong person to ask :shy: but no. You seem smart enough to judge yourself though, if the shoe fits.. :wink:

Funny story Njorl.. it happens.. :)

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
mooberrymarz said:
heya! this really cute guy asked me out today, but 5 minutes later i found out that he's 2 years younger than me. he's ok with it but I feel kinda funny bout going out wit him. most of my girl friends think its a bad idea... Wot do u guyz tink? :confused:
Tsunami married a younger guy - me. That was 18 years ago yesterday.

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
HEY! Happy post-anniversary day :biggrin: :biggrin: I think you guys are so great :smile:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:smile:

thanks. I keep telling Tsu how great I am but she still doesn't believe me. :confused:

2 years age difference, no problem. My wife is two years older than me. Heck here in Massachusetts you can marry anything you want.

Love w/o bound. Age dun matter.

Evo

Mentor
I've almost always dated younger men.

Ivan Seeking said:
:smile:

thanks. I keep telling Tsu how great I am but she still doesn't believe me. :confused:
If she's with you that means she believes in you. Actions speak louder than words :)

ur friends are jealous :D

jimmy p

Gold Member
BLATANTLY.. tell them that they are SO transparent. I do that to my friends. Well I would if I had any left.

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
i am getting married in less then 2 months to a man almost 5 years younger then me. his maturity level though sometimes surpasses me :)

Evo said:
I've almost always dated younger men.
Hehe... Younger=more mature? or...

wow kerrie. Congratulations.!!!! :biggrin: Evo how come you almost always date younger guyz..???

Tsu

Gold Member
They're easier to train. :biggrin:

chroot

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
There's nothing wrong with younger guys (or younger girls). I've almost always dated older girls (a couple of years or so, for example), and always had good relationships. Lately it seems women my age (25) no longer want to date men my age -- they want to date men in their thirties. This is incredibly dumb, if you ask me. If a person fits all your needs, date them. Age is largely irrelevant, since it's only loosely correlated with maturity (emotional stability, honesty, and communication skills) anyway.

- Warren

Last edited:
Younger guys are sometimes more fun!!!

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
chroot said:
Age is largely irrelevant, since it's only loosely correlated with maturity (emotional stability, honesty, and communication skills) anyway.

- Warren
You think so? Why is it than that you almost always dated older girls. Generally men mature more slowly than women so it is not that strange that age can matter, but everyone has their own values that are more important than a number.. I just like the thoughtful pondering ones and not the loud beer drinking lot, but that's just me :)