Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you date a younger guy?

1. May 18, 2004 #1
    heya! this really cute guy asked me out today, but 5 minutes later i found out that he's 2 years younger than me. he's ok with it but I feel kinda funny bout going out wit him. most of my girl friends think its a bad idea... Wot do u guyz tink? :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2004 #2
    Is it in the constitution of your country to not date younger guys because other people says so?

Go out with him, have fun.

Last edited: May 18, 2004
  4. May 18, 2004 #3
    hahah. yeah ok... but u dont understand these are my friends from school. i went to this prissy catholic all girls school, they are uptight bout stuff like that. I know , its sound stupid.. i'm an adult now and I should be able be myself, but i've known these girls since i was like 8, and wot they think matters to me. My best friend went out wit this guy who had.. well... a pretty crappy sense of style ... and they literally sat her down and told her to break up wit him. She did it in the end coz the social pressure within the group was too much... !

5. May 18, 2004 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you didn't notice he was younger, does it really matter? Everyone has their own level of maturity, strange friends you have :)

6. May 18, 2004 #5

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Age differences stop having as much of a meaning as you get older.

2 years seems like a big difference when you're a teenager. Maybe even into the really early 20s.

Once you're mid-twenties, 2 years would be a non-issue

7. May 18, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

Good advice, couldnt have said it better myself... now if only i could convince them older ladies!

8. May 18, 2004 #7
    yes my friends are a bit odd. they are very prim and proper...there are lots of thing they dont approve of. Like drinking, smoking, premarital sex... and dating younger guyz, or guyz who dont fit the social standard. It has to with the school we went to.. it was very, snobby. i'm not like that coz its just to much effort to be like that, they dont hate me for it but they are forever trying to bring me back from the"dark side". Monique have u ever dated a younger guy?

9. May 18, 2004 #8

Njorl

Science Advisor

Heh, I remember dating an older girl when I was in college. She knew I was younger, but not exactly how much. I was working over the summer, and she thought I had graduated already. I knew she was older, but not how much. I was surprised to find out she was 26. She was quite a bit more surprised to find out I was 19. It didn't last long after that.

Njorl

10. May 18, 2004 #9

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hah, I'd be the wrong person to ask :shy: but no. You seem smart enough to judge yourself though, if the shoe fits.. :wink:

Funny story Njorl.. it happens.. :)

11. May 18, 2004 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tsunami married a younger guy - me. That was 18 years ago yesterday.

12. May 18, 2004 #11

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

HEY! Happy post-anniversary day :biggrin: :biggrin: I think you guys are so great :smile:

13. May 18, 2004 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:smile:

thanks. I keep telling Tsu how great I am but she still doesn't believe me. :confused:

14. May 18, 2004 #13
    2 years age difference, no problem. My wife is two years older than me. Heck here in Massachusetts you can marry anything you want.

15. May 18, 2004 #14
    Love w/o bound. Age dun matter.

16. May 18, 2004 #15

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I've almost always dated younger men.

17. May 18, 2004 #16
    If she's with you that means she believes in you. Actions speak louder than words :)

18. May 18, 2004 #17
    ur friends are jealous :D

19. May 18, 2004 #18

jimmy p

Gold Member

BLATANTLY.. tell them that they are SO transparent. I do that to my friends. Well I would if I had any left.

20. May 18, 2004 #19

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i am getting married in less then 2 months to a man almost 5 years younger then me. his maturity level though sometimes surpasses me :)

21. May 19, 2004 #20
    Hehe... Younger=more mature? or...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?