Can you date a younger guy?

Njorl

Science Advisor
Just get a few beers into those thoughtful pondering ones. They'll start telling you, loudly, all the thoughts they've been pondering. :smile:

Hey, do women have any rules about how much younger is OK?

We men have been using the "half your age plus seven" rule. For example, if you're 40, 27 is the lower limit. It breaks down at the low end. I mean, if you're 8, the youngest girl you can date is 11. I guess this theory sort of sets 14 as the minimum age to start dating. It gets into dangerous territory in the 18-16 and 20-17 dating guaranteed to make many a parent edgy. :devil:

Njorl

Njorl said:
Just get a few beers into those thoughtful pondering ones. They'll start telling you, loudly, all the thoughts they've been pondering. :smile:
Njorl
haha..that's very true. And on the same note, as soon as a guy opens his mouth, it's all downhill from there :rofl:

Last edited:
yeah monique. guyz do mature slower compared to women. I dont really know this guy too well, and sometimes he sez really juvenile things, but he is really funny and cool to hang around with. My friend dates older women coz they spend lots of cash on him. Last year his now ex girlfriend paid for their holiday to mauritius. I thought it was quite low of him not to go dutch on the whole holiday thing but he didnt care. he sez older women have sorted out their issues and are easier to be with(and pay for expensive holidays).. is that true chroot? I's prefer a guy in his early twenties but the best offer I've had so far is this guy... :approve:

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Njorl said:
:grumpy: you tell me now? Or maybe I'm the one who needs a few beers :shy:

Pays to be a hermit. :) Dun have to think out loud to anyone. heh

Thinking out aloud is a very dangerous thing to do.i cant count the number of times I have been in crap for doing that. When i was eleven and i went to this church with my mom, the pastors wife came up with this stupid theory that dinosaurs never existed coz it didny fit in with the bible and stuff. In my mind i said "IDIOT" and as soon as i felt my mom pinch my arm i knew that i had said it out aloud and the pastors wife heard. She always hated me since then... its really sad. :frown: :frown:

Good job dude! I personally begin to dislike the style of preacher and how they assume a higher superiority than anyone else and they especially resent against the intellectuals because of science... :) I'd say good job if you said idiot outloud. Very productive! But I do dislike not being able to express myself because you haev to say things others will like or else... Ahh well...

Monique, dun drink too much and wander into the Red Light district. lol

I think ure right but imagine if everybody could say stuff without worrying bout other people thought, it would be a life in the day of dilbert. I mean say u had a huge zit on ure nose, u know its there and that its huge... and as ure walking around somebody points at u and sez" my god, what is that ting doing on ure face"... very sad i'd say,

jimmy p

Gold Member
Just call people In-DUH-viduals like they do in Dilbert. All the morons will think it is a compliment

Evo

Mentor
Njorl said:
Hey, do women have any rules about how much younger is OK?
I don't. The most recent was 18 years younger than me.

mooberrymarz, the last time I dated anyone my age or older was when I was 25. It's only been younger men since then, just by chance. I've always looked much younger than my age, so that's probably a reason. Age doesn't matter, maturity does.

WOOOOaaahh!! 18 years, oh my hat. thats pretty cool that u look younger.!! yes ure rite maturity does matter more i guess. How do u manage 2 look so young,.. ure really lucky, some women hve it all.... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Evo said:
I've almost always dated younger men.
Like the younger guys, don't you?

Chrono said:
Like the younger guys, don't you?
Chrono's got a little sumpin sumpin. Watch out Evo :biggrin:

Njorl

Science Advisor
18 years younger? My first thought was that he asked you to buy beer for him. Then I thought maybe he was asking you to get him into an R rated movie!

Good for you, provided he was 18. If he was 17 years, 364 days old, then shame on you! :wink:

Njorl

Evo

Mentor
Njorl said:
18 years younger? My first thought was that he asked you to buy beer for him. Then I thought maybe he was asking you to get him into an R rated movie!

Good for you, provided he was 18. If he was 17 years, 364 days old, then shame on you! :wink:

Njorl
He was 25 when we met. It took him six months to convince me to date him. I was a bit skeptical about the age difference, but he's very mature, perhaps more so than me, and he's freeking brilliant, and funny and talented in both music and art.

The_Professional said:
Chrono's got a little sumpin sumpin. Watch out Evo :biggrin:
You trying to hook us up?

Just give me the hook and I'll hook you up

jinnylima

I am 38 years old and I am dating a guy that is 22. I've been with him for over 2 years.

That is one hell of a dig for a first time poster in a thread about dating younger men in a physics-related forum :rofl:

edit... mooberrymarz: how did this younger guy work out?

jinnylima

Well for me personally I have lots of fun with him and he acts really mature for his age.

Some of these 'revived' threads have some interesting 'insights'----

The women I've dated have been at or within '+ and/or -' 16 years, but

'The Very Best' have always been about the same age---it makes 'relating' a lot easier

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Somehow, I doubt she's going to answer that one.
You have no faith.... just because she hasn't posted here in three years doesn't mean she won't answer my question :smile:

jinnylima

Age is just a number. It doesn't matter......

heya! this really cute guy asked me out today, but 5 minutes later i found out that he's 2 years younger than me. he's ok with it but I feel kinda funny bout going out wit him. most of my girl friends think its a bad idea... Wot do u guyz tink? :confused:
This was posted 4 years ago so now he's two years older than you.