Can you date a younger guy?

hahah. yeah ok... but u dont understand these are my friends from school. i went to this prissy catholic all girls school, they are uptight bout stuff like that. I know , its sound stupid.. i'm an adult now and I should be able be myself, but i've known these girls since i was like 8, and wot they think matters to me. My best friend went out wit this guy who had.. well... a pretty crappy sense of style ... and they literally sat her down and told her to break up wit him. She did it in the end coz the social pressure within the group was too much... !
If you are so slavish to the criticisms of your "friends" then he might be better off without you. However if you do go out with him then it shows that you are an independent individual who does care what their friends think but that you have a strong enough personality to be assertive and disregard the comments of them when what they have to say is none of their business. As long as you are not infringing upon their territory then I see not why they should care. Or perhaps you are simply taking their harmless advice as though it were an order. I'm not trying to be disparaging but trying to encourage you to be more independent and assertive. :tongue: Think about your reasons for liking the boy and try to come to a conclusion as to why you care about the social impacts that you would be in for challenging the norm (and a silly norm at that). Good luck :D

Evo

Mentor
Why are people talking to a non-existant member?

Oh come on!!! He's only 2 years younger than you, who cares! At least get to know him a little more, maybe you'll like him enough to say screw what my friends think :)

cristo

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

Evo

Mentor
...says the one with imaginary friends :tongue2:
Hey, my imaginary best friend just returned from Istanbul. He sent me a postcard. :approve:

I'm still looking for an imaginary boyfriend since my imaginary best friend is already taken. Or maybe I will just outlive his girlfriend. :uhh:

Quality imaginary people are hard to come by.

Last edited:
Quality imaginary people are hard to come by.
Geez...it takes YEEAAARRSSS to get a good one these days...They just don't make them like they used to, you know? :biggrin:

EDIT: Why did I even open this thread...I'm married for crying out loud! To a WOMAN! :uhh:

Last edited:

vincentm

Gold Member
yes my friends are a bit odd. they are very prim and proper...there are lots of thing they dont approve of.

But i bet behind closed doors they.....

Geez...it takes YEEAAARRSSS to get a good one these days...They just don't make them like they used to, you know? :biggrin:

EDIT: Why did I even open this thread...I'm married for crying out loud! To a WOMAN! :uhh:
you're not getting a Klondike bar tonight

Hey, my imaginary best friend just returned from Istanbul. He sent me a postcard. :approve:

I'm still looking for an imaginary boyfriend since my imaginary best friend is already taken. Or maybe I will just outlive his girlfriend. :uhh:

Quality imaginary people are hard to come by .

oooohhhh, Evo------

I thought you considered ALL of us at least good 'imaginary people'---

Evo

Mentor

DaveC426913

Gold Member
heya! this really cute guy asked me out today, but 5 minutes later i found out that he's 2 years younger than me. he's ok with it but I feel kinda funny bout going out wit him. most of my girl friends think its a bad idea... Wot do u guyz tink? :confused:
Consider:

If you are still concerned about what your girlfriends think about the guys you date, perhaps you are too young for this relationship (regardless of your age), hmm?

One of the hallmarks of achieving adulthood is the realization that, when it comes to dating, it is not their opinions that matter.

But if you still want a number:

1] Take your age.
2] Divide it by 2.
3] Add 7 to it.
4] Is he that age or older? Then you're OK.

18/2 + 7 = 16 :eek: Luckily I'm 22 :smile:

Daniel Y.

hahah. yeah ok... but u dont understand these are my friends from school. i went to this prissy catholic all girls school, they are uptight bout stuff like that. I know , its sound stupid.. i'm an adult now and I should be able be myself, but i've known these girls since i was like 8, and wot they think matters to me. My best friend went out wit this guy who had.. well... a pretty crappy sense of style ... and they literally sat her down and told her to break up wit him. She did it in the end coz the social pressure within the group was too much... !
Wow, you have really, really shallow friends. That or you and your friends are still too young to not have those kinds of prejudices (that's my bet). My advice...Keep watching Hello Kitty and whatever other stuff they show on the Disney channel now, and don't let your girlfriends get in the way of this, like, totally super cute guy! ^^ <(^^<) (>^^)> Yaay!

Evo

Mentor
Guys, you're talking to a ghost. This person hasn't been here in years.

Are you going to say that THREE times, Evo?
what's wrong with you, Evo?

we're MEN!!

WTF, two years is nothing. (OK when your in like, say, middle school then it does)

Daniel Y.

Double-Post. :(

Daniel Y.

Judging from Evo's last comment, she might be happily married to the guy, now. :tongue2:

Art

Guys, you're talking to a ghost. This person hasn't been here in years.
Probably back in school learning to write in English. I hate that abbreviated text style young people use today. It's fine for phone texting where characters are limited but outside that it simply looks illiterate.

Two years, is no big deal at all, I say go for it, if you like him :biggrin:

**Wow, I just realized that this is a few years old, lol. I hope it all worked out for her and this "really cute guy" :biggrin:**

Last edited:

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...I post to dead threads...

...I thread the dead to posts..

DaveC426913

Gold Member
Haha. I didn't even notice it was so old. And the culprit - jinnylima - is a newbie. I wonder if s/he spent an afternoon digging down 40000 posts or so...

Neither did I. Haha this nice chain reaction caused all of us to reply to this fossil of a thread without knowing it.:biggrin: Bravo PFers