Can you date a younger guy?

Hey! I'm not dead, taken, nor gay, are you saying I'm not a good man? :cry:
(hey, maybe you can be evo's imaginary BF)

That sometimes tends to be the case......:surprised WHY???? LOL

That sometimes tends to be the case......:surprised WHY???? LOL
:rofl:

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

(if there was one with drool dripping off the tongue, that would have been the best one)

Last edited:

DaveC426913

Gold Member
I don't think so. I chased her thinking she was two years younger :smile:
By definition, cougars do the catching. The fact that she convinced you that you were doing the chasing is just one in the cougar's bag o tricks.

I speak from experience. (But keep this under yer hat. If she reads this, she'll kill me :wink:.)

:rofl:

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

(if there was one with drool dripping off the tongue, that would have been the best one)
HAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA, well good thing there isn't :biggrin: That would be alot of drool.....

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
bucket.gif

See previous post for context.

that still may be too small (counting the number of single available desiring lonely eager anxious hormonal males here)

I think you will need a bigger bucket.....or what's the scale factor on that??? :biggrin:

Lisa!

Gold Member
Hey! I'm not dead, taken, nor gay, are you saying I'm not a good man? :cry:
Wow! I'm sure you're good, matt!:approve:
Wait! Am I questioning your gender here?:uhh:

By definition, cougars do the catching. The fact that she convinced you that you were doing the chasing is just one in the cougar's bag o tricks.

I speak from experience. (But keep this under yer hat. If she reads this, she'll kill me :wink:.)
I agree, the cougar is a great catch and famous for its fearce power and smooth ride.

mercury-cougar.gif

RaaaaRaaaaaaaawW

I am now convinced. I am the only human being on this forum. The rest of you are programs designed to entertain me. It all makes perfect sense now.

Age differences stop having as much of a meaning as you get older.

2 years seems like a big difference when you're a teenager. Maybe even into the really early 20s.

Once you're mid-twenties, 2 years would be a non-issue
Can't agree any more. Maturity level starts to vary as you grow older, but everyone starts to pretty much look the same anyways.

I am now convinced. I am the only human being on this forum. The rest of you are programs designed to entertain me. It all makes perfect sense now.
Solipsism as applied to an internet forum, that's a new one to me.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm 58, so that means I can have a girlfriend 36 years old. I told my wife about this. She said I should be careful she doesn't divide me in two. And add 7 lumps on my head.
Ooh, perfect, I'm 36 and don't mind my men a little lumpy. :biggrin: That I shouldn't date anyone younger than 25 will make the 23 yo student I travelled to HI with very happy (people kept asking if we were on our honeymoon when we'd go places together, and his usual reaction was "Hell NO!" :rofl:...they'd give us a weird look, and I'd explain we only work together and were there on business...in their defense, after that much time together, we WERE bickering like a married couple, so it seemed an honest mistake).

:rofl: "I'm not here for your entertainment..."

I can't believe how many pages I had to read through to find out who resurrected this old thread. It's not very often that a necropost gets more replies than when it was a new topic.

Necropost. I just learned a new word.

Good men are either taken, dead or gay!:groan:
What about the ones that have vowed to be single and celibate for life? Those can be good men, too.

DaveC426913

Gold Member
What about the ones that have vowed to be single and celibate for life? Those can be good men, too.
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that these are very irritable guys on a short fuse...:rolleyes:

Lisa!

Gold Member
Here we're talking about normal people who're good to live with!:wink:

I often figured a single and celibate life marked a higher existence, an existence that exercises domination over the human body's primitive desire for mating and sexual partnership. There are so many wonderful things to explore out there so why should we confine ourselves by succumbing to hindering desires? Relationships expend excess energy that could be put towards greater ambition. Moreover, they often lead to children which are tremendous resource drains. Since the planet is well over populated at the moment and will be for many years to come, I think it would be a noble effort on our parts to refrain mating.

DaveC426913

Gold Member
I often figured a single and celibate life marked a higher existence, an existence that exercises domination over the human body's primitive desire for mating and sexual partnership. There are so many wonderful things to explore out there so why should we confine ourselves by succumbing to hindering desires? Relationships expend excess energy that could be put towards greater ambition. Moreover, they often lead to children which are tremendous resource drains. Since the planet is well over populated at the moment and will be for many years to come, I think it would be a noble effort on our parts to refrain mating.
To what is this "higher existence" devoted? Why is it better? How does one define better?
Why do you establish a false premise by your use of the word "succumbing"?
Why do you assume these desires are "hindering"?
Why do you think that denying our natural needs and desires is going to make us happier and more pleasant company?
What is the purpose of this "ambition" and why is it better than loving thy neighbour or thy children? How is ambition a more noble cause? How does it make you a better person?

What you have described above could be interpreted by many as the exact opposite of noble. It can be interpreted as self-serving power-seeking megalomania.

To many, the highest purpose we can devote ourselves to is friends and family, the lowest cause being personal ambition.

Not that there's anything wrong with ascribing to the philosphy you detail, I'm just saying that it's different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
That and the last time I checked, people have reproductive organs that actually (wow can you believe it~!) remains meaningful even up to this day in whatever function they have.

Lisa!

Gold Member
hmmm...I was thinking about not eating/drinking anymore since we can save many of our planet resourses, but unfortunately that's a different thing since we can stay alive this way. Not to mention about the joys we get from what we eat and drink! On the other hand, what you say is still a nobel prize since this way we can get rid of human race, these annoying race who're ruining the earth that others species are living on it!
Anyway as a human being you're free to choose your way of life and we can force you to live and think the way we think that's better, but I don't think that's be a good idea not to care about our body's needs! I might be wrong though, so all people aren't the same way.

Actually, relationships are fine if they suit you. But I do like to argue the extreme because it is often assumed, at least implicitly, that living single and celibate is not a 'good' or realistic option. People almost never mention it in context of life choices.

So really, people's negative judgment of a single and celibate lifestyle is the same as a judgment of a life involving a relationship and family.

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Actually, relationships are fine if they suit you. But I do like to argue the extreme because it is often assumed, at least implicitly, that living single and celibate is not a 'good' or realistic option. People almost never mention it in context of life choices.

So really, people's negative judgment of a single and celibate lifestyle is the same as a judgment of a life involving a relationship and family.
There's arguably a good reason for people to feel this way, in that one practice perpetuates the existence of our species and one does not.