Can you date a younger guy?

• Thread starter mooberrymarz
  • Start date
In summary: I don't get it.Do you think it's because we're more experienced, or what?Hehe... Younger=more mature? or...wow kerrie. Congratulations.! :biggrin: Evo how come you almost always date younger guyz..?They're easier to train. :biggrin:There's nothing wrong with younger guys (or younger girls). I've almost always dated older girls (a couple of years or so, for example), and always had good relationships. Lately it seems women my age (25) no longer want to date men... they want to date women half their age (18
Two years, is no big deal at all, I say go for it, if you like him :biggrin:

**Wow, I just realized that this is a few years old, lol. I hope it all worked out for her and this "really cute guy" :biggrin:**

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
...I post to dead threads...

...I thread the dead to posts..

Haha. I didn't even notice it was so old. And the culprit - jinnylima - is a newbie. I wonder if s/he spent an afternoon digging down 40000 posts or so...

Neither did I. Haha this nice chain reaction caused all of us to reply to this fossil of a thread without knowing it.:biggrin: Bravo PFers

SMILE! You're on Candid PF Camera! :rofl:

Evo said:
Why are people talking to a non-existant member?

Because her cutepic does exist in member photo thread!

DaveC426913 said:
1] Take your age.
2] Divide it by 2.
3] Add 7 to it.
4] Is he that age or older? Then you're OK.
I'm 58, so that means I can have a girlfriend 36 years old. I told my wife about this. She said I should be careful she doesn't divide me in two. And add 7 lumps on my head.

DaveC426913 said:
But if you still want a number:

1] Take your age.
2] Divide it by 2.
3] Add 7 to it.

Well I'm nearly 15 but still 14 so the youngest girl i can date is 14?

_Muddy_ said:
Well I'm nearly 15 but still 14 so the youngest girl i can date is 14?
Correct.

DaveC426913 said:
Correct.

Do you have a similair kind of thing for older girls?

_Muddy_ said:
Do you have a similair kind of thing for older girls?
The formula is universal. It works if you are the older/younger partner and of you are the male/female partner.

And it still means that, at 14, you should only be dating other 14 year olds.

P.S. Don't take this formula seriously.

Last edited:
Evo said:
I'm still looking for an imaginary boyfriend since my imaginary best friend is already taken.

By an imaginary gf or a real 1? I've noticed that most of men have some of these imaginary gfs that they're going to date(or are already dating)when things don't work the way they want while they're dating someone...:rofl:

DaveC426913 said:
1] Take your age.
2] Divide it by 2.
3] Add 7 to it.

While this is fine for a large range of ages, I think it needs fine tuning for the upper bounds. A hundred year old can date a 57 year old according to that. Perhaps we should replace 7 with a number proportional to your age or the square of your age.

:wink:

matthyaouw said:
While this is fine for a large range of ages, I think it needs fine tuning for the upper bounds. A hundred year old can date a 57 year old according to that. Perhaps we should replace 7 with a number proportional to your age or the square of your age.

:wink:

If we replace 7 with a number proportional to your age, then the entire thing just become some fraction of your age, which is no good at the lower end (which is where we're concerned with). If we replace it instead with a number proportional to the square of your age, then at higher ages we will still run into trouble, the lower limit would eventually be larger than your age.

DaveC426913 said:
The formula is universal. It works if you are the older/younger partner and of you are the male/female partner.

And it still means that, at 14, you should only be dating other 14 year olds.

P.S. Don't take this formula seriously.

hahaha no i wasn't planning on taking it seriously

matthyaouw said:
A hundred year old can date a 57 year old according to that.
What's wrong with that? Do you think the 100yo and the 57yo will not be able to relate to each other? Or do you think one will steal the best years of the other's life?

_Muddy_ said:
hahaha no i wasn't planning on taking it seriously
Good.

But still. Don't be datin' 13yo's or 17yo's.:grumpy:

rewebster said:
...I thread the dead to posts..

I think the thread resumed "life" more because the title is interesting. And there are a lot of, um, unattached males prowling about PF.

Titles like 'Flying Saucers over New York' don't get many posts, the ones on love-lives stricken do really well. Prolly for the same reason the 'Dear Abby' column did so well for years. As did 'Sleepless in Seattle'.

Haha.. finally found a suitable place for a first post!

In any event, I read the beginning of this thread and it strikes me as ironic that the OP friends seem like the type that would frown on dating and younger guy at that age, but getting older would probably be begging for a younger man.

Lisa! said:
By an imaginary gf or a real 1? I've noticed that most of men have some of these imaginary gfs that they're going to date(or are already dating)when things don't work the way they want while they're dating someone...:rofl:
Unfortunately, she's quite real. :frown:

My wife is older then me. Not a big deal.

Well, she is older by one day only. Which makes the deal even smaller :rofl:

Last edited:
DaveC426913 said:
But if you still want a number:

1] Take your age.
2] Divide it by 2.
3] Add 7 to it.

My neighbor son is 2 yo, looks like he should look for 8 yo GF :smile:

Borek said:
My wife is older then me. Not a big deal.
Well, she is older by one day only. Which makes the deal even smaller :rofl:

Hm. Does she still count as a cougar?

DaveC426913 said:
Hm. Does she still count as a cougar?
I don't think so. I chased her thinking she was two years younger :smile:

Borek said:
My neighbor son is 2 yo, looks like he should look for 8 yo GF :smile:

That means they youngest girl he can date is 8, but are 2 year old boys really that interested in getting a girlfriend?

Evo said:
Unfortunately, she's quite real. :frown:

Good men are either taken, dead or gay!:groan:
What killes me is that most of the time the woman who's taken the good guy, doesn't realize what a gem she's got and therefor she treats him so badly.:grumpy:

*sorry for my grammatical errors*:shy:

Last edited:
With respect to the OP's question, I'd say sure. I generally dated older women, but also occassionally women somewhat younger by a couple of years. My wife is 6.5 years older than me. Most of my friends are older.

Lisa! said:
Good men are either taken, dead or gay!:groan:
What killes me is that most of the time the woman who's taken the good guy, doesn't realize what a gem she's got and therefor she treats him so badly.:grumpy:

*sorry for my grammatical errors*:shy:

Hey! I'm not dead, taken, nor gay, are you saying I'm not a good man? :cry:

jim mcnamara said:
I think the thread resumed "life" more because the title is interesting. And there are a lot of, um, unattached males prowling about PF.

Titles like 'Flying Saucers over New York' don't get many posts, the ones on love-lives stricken do really well. Prolly for the same reason the 'Dear Abby' column did so well for years. As did 'Sleepless in Seattle'.

yep, yeah, (and I can't remember that other one used besides 'yes' from that other thread)--

I would venture a guess that some/most of the women on the PF that have stated/admitted that they are single that their PM box is full or gets full especially right after they DO admit that they are single. (or even if they don't) :tongue2: :tongue2::tongue2:

mattmns said:
Hey! I'm not dead, taken, nor gay, are you saying I'm not a good man? :cry:

(hey, maybe you can be evo's imaginary BF)

That sometimes tends to be the case... WHY? LOL

mcknia07 said:
That sometimes tends to be the case... WHY? LOL

:rofl:

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

(if there was one with drool dripping off the tongue, that would have been the best one)

Last edited:
Borek said:
I don't think so. I chased her thinking she was two years younger :smile:
By definition, cougars do the catching. The fact that she convinced you that you were doing the chasing is just one in the cougar's bag o tricks.

I speak from experience. (But keep this under yer hat. If she reads this, she'll kill me :wink:.)

rewebster said:
:rofl:

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

(if there was one with drool dripping off the tongue, that would have been the best one)

HAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA, well good thing there isn't :biggrin: That would be a lot of drool...

<h2>1. Can a relationship with a younger guy be successful?</h2><p>Yes, a relationship with a younger guy can definitely be successful. Age does not determine the success of a relationship, as long as both partners are committed and compatible.</p><h2>2. What are the challenges of dating a younger guy?</h2><p>One challenge could be differences in life experience and maturity levels. This can lead to misunderstandings and conflicts, but with open communication and understanding, these challenges can be overcome.</p><h2>3. Is it socially acceptable to date a younger guy?</h2><p>Society's views on age gap relationships have become more accepting in recent years, but there may still be some judgement or criticism from others. Ultimately, it is up to the individuals involved to decide what is best for them.</p><h2>4. Are there any benefits to dating a younger guy?</h2><p>Dating a younger guy can bring a fresh perspective and energy to the relationship. They may also have a more adventurous and spontaneous nature, which can be exciting and fun.</p><h2>5. How do you handle the potential future age gap in the relationship?</h2><p>It is important to have open and honest conversations about the potential future age gap in the relationship. This includes discussing expectations, desires, and concerns. It is also important to consider how the age gap may affect the relationship in the long term and to make decisions based on what is best for both partners.</p>

1. Can a relationship with a younger guy be successful?

Yes, a relationship with a younger guy can definitely be successful. Age does not determine the success of a relationship, as long as both partners are committed and compatible.

2. What are the challenges of dating a younger guy?

One challenge could be differences in life experience and maturity levels. This can lead to misunderstandings and conflicts, but with open communication and understanding, these challenges can be overcome.

3. Is it socially acceptable to date a younger guy?

Society's views on age gap relationships have become more accepting in recent years, but there may still be some judgement or criticism from others. Ultimately, it is up to the individuals involved to decide what is best for them.

4. Are there any benefits to dating a younger guy?

Dating a younger guy can bring a fresh perspective and energy to the relationship. They may also have a more adventurous and spontaneous nature, which can be exciting and fun.

5. How do you handle the potential future age gap in the relationship?

It is important to have open and honest conversations about the potential future age gap in the relationship. This includes discussing expectations, desires, and concerns. It is also important to consider how the age gap may affect the relationship in the long term and to make decisions based on what is best for both partners.