Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you explain this scientifically ?

1. Sep 4, 2003 #1

We all know that when the vapour in air is saturated and cooled, it will condense and turn back to water. It should happen everywhere.
    Based on science, how can the above miracle be possible?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2003 #2
    what physical laws to make this possible ?

4. Sep 4, 2003 #3
    Well, if it obeyed physical laws it wouldn't really be a miracle would it?

5. Sep 5, 2003 #4
    it is bull****, not miracle

6. Sep 5, 2003 #5

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

In the first case, the ground temp. is greater than the dewpoint temp. of the night air; in the second, it is less.

7. Sep 5, 2003 #6
    Actually it is possible, you just do not understand some things quite yet because you are not interested in them. When you become so you will understand how such a thing is possible and not until. You could even witness such a thing, but how would you know it was not a trick or your imagination or that you are not halucinating, etc...
    It would be something you witnesses and nothing more. Would you know how? What we are unconcious to is unconcious of us. Watch where you are walking and maybe you will run into yourself.

8. Sep 5, 2003 #7

megashawn

Science Advisor

From a believers perspective, god is the creator of the laws of physics and such, which pretty much dictate everything in the universe.

Since god created them, and is all powerfull, then it should be no trouble for him to change them in order to prove his power/existance to a skeptic.

I never knew there was such a part in the bible, but I've often asked god to do things like this. Something like "Ok god, just show me something simple, such as make it so I walk through the rain to get back inside, but as soon as I get inside and look at my shirt, it is dry with no rain drops."

Its a passage in the bible meant to describe gods might and control over nature so as to help prove his existance.

The only problem, is god refuses to do such a test for anyone nowadays.

So, to answer your question, least in my opinion, the events you question need not be explained by science. I'd say as far as science is concerned, such a thing would not happen, without some other circumstances. As far as god is concerned, since he is all powerfull he can make the laws of physics bend to his will.

Of course you have to wonder why he doesn't do this any more. It sure would help solve some problems.

9. Sep 5, 2003 #8
    God did not make physics, physics is out of god. What was that song by the spinners? It was a long song.

Tempt not the lord thy god, god will be an experience to all when all is ready dats the way it works and that is the way it has always worked.

10. Sep 6, 2003 #9

FZ+

Correction: God did not make physics, god is out of physics.

I am equally justified, if not more so, to make this assertion.

11. Sep 6, 2003 #10
    Actually, you are correct also becasue the concept of god is a relative realization because if it was an absolute what would would that mean?

12. Sep 7, 2003 #11
    "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being." - Genesis 2:7

Science can no more explain the passage you quoted in Judges than it can explain how to make a human being out of dust.

13. Sep 7, 2003 #12

FZ+

Of course. Though at such points, it is usually more fruitful to question the veracity of the text, than endless experiments and investigations..

"And God spake, fear the false prophet Einstein, for all knows the light speeds in an instant, without real velocity." - Disproof of relativity?

But as Bystander says, we can account for this in terms of different temperatures...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?