Can you explain this scientifically ?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Explain
In summary: It is a mathematical model that explains the behavior of particles in space and time, and has been tested and found to be accurate.So, while relativity is a theory, it is a theory that has been tested and found to be accurate.In summary, Judges 6 says that if God saves Israel with Gideon's help, he will place a wool fleece on the threshing floor and see if there is dew only on the fleece. If so, he will know that God will save Israel. However, the next day, when Gideon squeezes the fleece to see if there is still dew, there is water on the fleece and the ground is dry. This proves
Saint
Judges 6

36 Gideon said to God, "If you will save Israel by my hand as you have promised-
37 look, I will place a wool fleece on the threshing floor. If there is dew only on the fleece and all the ground is dry, then I will know that you will save Israel by my hand, as you said."
38 And that is what happened. Gideon rose early the next day; he squeezed the fleece and wrung out the dew-a bowlful of water.
39 Then Gideon said to God, "Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request. Allow me one more test with the fleece. This time make the fleece dry and the ground covered with dew."
40 That night God did so. Only the fleece was dry; all the ground was covered with dew.

We all know that when the vapour in air is saturated and cooled, it will condense and turn back to water. It should happen everywhere.
Based on science, how can the above miracle be possible?

Physics news on Phys.org
what physical laws to make this possible ?

Well, if it obeyed physical laws it wouldn't really be a miracle would it?

it is bull****, not miracle

In the first case, the ground temp. is greater than the dewpoint temp. of the night air; in the second, it is less.

Actually it is possible, you just do not understand some things quite yet because you are not interested in them. When you become so you will understand how such a thing is possible and not until. You could even witness such a thing, but how would you know it was not a trick or your imagination or that you are not halucinating, etc...
It would be something you witnesses and nothing more. Would you know how? What we are unconscious to is unconscious of us. Watch where you are walking and maybe you will run into yourself.

From a believers perspective, god is the creator of the laws of physics and such, which pretty much dictate everything in the universe.

Since god created them, and is all powerfull, then it should be no trouble for him to change them in order to prove his power/existance to a skeptic.

I never knew there was such a part in the bible, but I've often asked god to do things like this. Something like "Ok god, just show me something simple, such as make it so I walk through the rain to get back inside, but as soon as I get inside and look at my shirt, it is dry with no rain drops."

Its a passage in the bible meant to describe gods might and control over nature so as to help prove his existence.

The only problem, is god refuses to do such a test for anyone nowadays.

So, to answer your question, least in my opinion, the events you question need not be explained by science. I'd say as far as science is concerned, such a thing would not happen, without some other circumstances. As far as god is concerned, since he is all powerfull he can make the laws of physics bend to his will.

Of course you have to wonder why he doesn't do this any more. It sure would help solve some problems.

God did not make physics, physics is out of god. What was that song by the spinners? It was a long song.

Tempt not the lord thy god, god will be an experience to all when all is ready dats the way it works and that is the way it has always worked.

God did not make physics, physics is out of god.
Correction: God did not make physics, god is out of physics.

I am equally justified, if not more so, to make this assertion.

Actually, you are correct also becasue the concept of god is a relative realization because if it was an absolute what would would that mean?

Originally posted by Saint
We all know that when the vapour in air is saturated and cooled, it will condense and turn back to water. It should happen everywhere.
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being." - Genesis 2:7

Science can no more explain the passage you quoted in Judges than it can explain how to make a human being out of dust.

Of course. Though at such points, it is usually more fruitful to question the veracity of the text, than endless experiments and investigations..

"And God spake, fear the false prophet Einstein, for all knows the light speeds in an instant, without real velocity." - Disproof of relativity?

But as Bystander says, we can account for this in terms of different temperatures...

1. What is the scientific method?

The scientific method is a systematic approach used by scientists to answer questions and solve problems. It involves making observations, forming a hypothesis, designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions. This process allows for the testing and refinement of ideas and theories, leading to a better understanding of the natural world.

2. How do you conduct a scientific experiment?

To conduct a scientific experiment, you must first identify a question or problem to be investigated. Then, you must create a hypothesis, or a tentative explanation for the question. Next, you design and carry out an experiment to test the hypothesis. This involves controlling variables, collecting and analyzing data, and drawing conclusions based on the results. A well-designed experiment should be repeatable and controlled to ensure accurate and reliable results.

3. What is the difference between a theory and a hypothesis?

A hypothesis is an educated guess or prediction about a phenomenon, while a theory is a well-tested and widely accepted explanation for a set of observations. A theory is supported by a large body of evidence and can be used to make predictions about future observations. In science, a theory is considered to be a strong and reliable explanation for a natural phenomenon.

4. How do scientists ensure their research is unbiased?

To ensure unbiased research, scientists use various methods such as random sampling, blinding, and control groups. Random sampling involves selecting a representative sample from a larger population to avoid bias. Blinding refers to keeping the participants or researchers unaware of certain aspects of the study to prevent bias. Control groups are used to compare the effects of a treatment or variable to a group that is not exposed to the treatment, providing a baseline for comparison.

5. Why is peer review important in scientific research?

Peer review is an essential part of the scientific process because it ensures the quality and credibility of research. Before a study is published, it is evaluated by experts in the same field to check for accuracy, validity, and potential flaws. This process helps to identify any errors or biases and ensures that only high-quality research is published. Peer review also allows for constructive criticism and feedback, leading to improvements in future research.