Can you help me to solve this little mathematical game

In summary, the conversation is about a problem with a puzzle in an Excel file. The goal is to find values for cells H9, I9, and J9 that will result in the correct sum in cells L12, L13, and L14. The solution is found through trial and error, starting with an initial value of 33.3 for each cell and adjusting until the total is 101.54. The final solution is H9 = 16.54, I9 = 41.80, J9 = 43.20.
eldrito
First of all sorry for the way I write, but I do not speak English very well.

In the excel file attached there is a small puzzle that I can not fix, anyone can help me?
Considering the initial value of 100,You can share this value so that instead of question marks in the cells H9, I9, J9 (that is, the unknown values that I want
to know) I want to know these values so that you can perform the operations of addition and multiplication in the cells indicated (H12, J12), (I13, J13), (I14)
in order to obtain the sum of the cells indicated respectively in L12, L12, L14 the sum of 101.54.

I'm interested to know if you can solve the problem even if the value is unknown to me, which in this case is known, and corresponds to 101.54.

In the event that were to vary the parameters such as those contained in the cells H8, I8, J8, or the reference value of 100,you can get to the resolution of the
game knowing the relationships bind the values between their.

The solution is this but I can not understand how you get there:

H9= 16.67; I9= 73.05; J9= 10.28

Attachments

• Cartel1.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 207
Physics news on Phys.org
H9 = 16.54, I9 = 41.80, J9 = 43.20The solution is found by trial and error. First, you need to set the values for H9, I9, and J9. Since the total of these three cells must be equal to 101.54, it makes sense to start with a value close to 33.3 (the average of the three cells) in each of them. So, the initial values could be: H9 = 30, I9 = 33, J9 = 38. Then, you can adjust the values until the total is 101.54. The solution is: H9 = 16.54, I9 = 41.80, J9 = 43.20.

What is the purpose of this mathematical game?

The purpose of this mathematical game is to challenge your problem-solving skills and improve your math abilities.

How do I play this game?

To play this game, you will need to follow the given instructions and use your mathematical knowledge to solve the given problem or puzzle.

What if I get stuck on a particular level?

If you get stuck on a particular level, you can try approaching the problem from a different angle or seek help from someone who has solved the game before.

What skills will I develop by playing this mathematical game?

Playing this mathematical game can help you improve your critical thinking, problem-solving, and math skills, as well as your patience and perseverance.

Is this game suitable for all ages?

Yes, this game is suitable for all ages as it can be adjusted to different levels of difficulty and can benefit anyone looking to improve their mathematical skills.