Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you prove Christ exists in a court of law? We’ll soon see.

1. Jan 4, 2006 #1
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509-1967413,00.html#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=World

For those interested in the arguments against the existence of Jesus, I refer you to this article.

It’ll be very interesting to see how this turns out!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: One month to do it? Hell in the US, you can barely put murderers away in prison if they were caught in the act by police within a year let alone a month. I didn't know those italians were so damn efficient.

4. Jan 4, 2006 #3
    I can't prove to a blind man that I can see. Does that mean I can't see?

5. Jan 4, 2006 #4
    I had thought it was pretty well accepted that he actually existed.

6. Jan 4, 2006 #5
    There are historical accounts of Christ's existance, I hear. Sorry I can't provide any links or anything, but I've heard of the "historical" Jesus in a very different light than the biblical Jesus, so I assume it's fairly well-accepted among non-christians that he did, in fact, exist.

7. Jan 4, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I also thought it was historically accepted that he did exist using evidence outside of the Gospel.

8. Jan 4, 2006 #7

cronxeh

Gold Member

No body = no proof of existence

9. Jan 4, 2006 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm sure some murderers wish they could use that defense

10. Jan 4, 2006 #9

cronxeh

Gold Member

show me the burial site of jesus, pull up his bones, do the analysis, show me the results and then we can talk about water walking and other shenanigans

11. Jan 4, 2006 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

..... this was 2000 years ago mind you...

Does scientific logic just go out the window when people argue against religion? :wink:

12. Jan 4, 2006 #11

cronxeh

Gold Member

I dont care how old it is. Oldest bones of a man found are 5.5 million years old. We have bones of dinosaurs which are 65+ million years old. I'm pretty sure if he was that important they would mark his grave somehow. Instead what we get is some resurrection crap.

13. Jan 4, 2006 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So with that logic, only 1 or 2 humans existed 5.5 million years ago because thats all we've found? Maybe rome's population was only 10 or 20 people because I don't remember them uncovering a million human bodies... And maybe if you took some time to study up, they weren't exactly allowed to build a huge shrine in Christ's honor that would withstand 2,000 years in the first place.

14. Jan 4, 2006 #13
    I for one was only talking about whether or not the man named Jesus existed and I think that is all the article is refering to aswell.
    How many famous people's remains have we found from over 2000 years ago and how many have we not?

15. Jan 4, 2006 #14

Mozart was buried in an unmarked grave, did he ever exist?

16. Jan 4, 2006 #15

cronxeh

Gold Member

I donno, did he do something extraordinary that nobody else can?

17. Jan 4, 2006 #16
    Why are they trying to proven whether or not he existed?

18. Jan 4, 2006 #17

DaveC426913

Gold Member

If he didn't do those things, he didn't exist?

19. Jan 4, 2006 #18
    This is a very common misconception. I would like people to realize that there is a difference between history and the supernatural. We have historical evidence of hundreds if not thousands of people throughout history, spanning back many thousands of years. Take all the emperors, kings, Queens and philosophers, even living during the time of Jesus. This is hard evidence you can go see in museums, or the actual ruins themselves.

When it comes to Jesus however, the story is much different. There is no evidence apart from the gospels, which were written many years after he was supposed to have died.

Luigi Cascioli is saying that Jesus was remodeled on someone called John Gamala, and his accusations are that this is an abuse of popular credulity, and impersonation, which are offences under the Italian penal code.

More can be found here

20. Jan 4, 2006 #19
    Composing and playing complicated music peices flawlessly when he was 10 sounds pretty extraordinary to me.

Also, ever heard of the Mozart Effect?

21. Jan 4, 2006 #20

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Scientists May Have Found Mozart's Skull

Associated Press
    By WILLIAM J. KOLE , 01.04.2006, 10:16 AM

Have scientists found Mozart's skull? Researchers said Tuesday they'll reveal the results of DNA tests in a documentary film airing this weekend on Austrian television as part of a year of celebratory events marking the composer's 250th birthday.

http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/feeds/ap/2006/01/04/ap2427389.html

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?