Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you walk on custard?

1. Aug 20, 2006 #1

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What did I do while PF was down? I learned I can walk on custard pudding!

Here's an entertaining clip from the show, QI.

3SwC39dsaVA[/MEDIA]&mode=related&search]Could Jesus Walk on Custard?

Actually, I spent my time watching quite a few clips form episodes of QI. The clip about baby food was pretty interesting because: a) I knew the answer to that one, and b) I'm simply amazed about how much Giles Brandeth knows about baby food and the Gerber family. I never knew the baby on the jar was Ann Turner Cook of Texas, an author of cheap mystery novels.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I love QI, but the original clip is from Braniac, which is like Mythbusters, but more entretaining.
  4. Aug 20, 2006 #3
    I watched the custard one, and the Alans one. both are :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: riots.

Love QI, best quiz show on the TV, behind Have I Got News For You and Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

If you love learning about dull and obscure facts, and watching very gifted comedians make them interesting and hilariously amusing, it's a must see.

It's the cornflour in the custard that does it I think. That is no ordinary custard though, you wouldn't want to eat it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?