Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Canada anyone?

1. Dec 21, 2005 #1

DocToxyn

Science Advisor

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2005 #2
    aren't swingers clubs already legal in the US?

4. Dec 21, 2005 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That would vary state by state. I think some states still have laws against adultery, and we still find laws against homosexual acts, but in Canada they have sex at the club? :bugeye:

5. Dec 21, 2005 #4
    I take back everything bad I ever said about Canada.

6. Dec 21, 2005 #5

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's not really Canada. The arrests were made in Montreal in province of Quebec. The accused appealled the case untill it reaches the supreme court.

The province of Quebec is much more liberal in terms of sexuality than the rest of Canada, maybe with the exception of Vancouver, BC. I now live in Nova-Scotia and I can see the difference. I have talked to people and their views is more conservative compare to the people in Quebec.

I would be suprise to see any swinger clubs outside of the province of Quebec.

7. Dec 21, 2005 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Although many don't realize it, it's also legal for women to go topless here (at least in Ontario). Is this a great country, or what? :biggrin:

8. Dec 21, 2005 #7

Danger

Gold Member

I know of at least one each in Toronto and Calgary, Ian.

9. Dec 21, 2005 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Now we know where you spend your free time. :wink:

10. Dec 21, 2005 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Now, now... let's not jump to conclusions... :uhh:

11. Dec 21, 2005 #10

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have see some of ontario women topless and it made wonder if the law was really a good one. :biggrin:

Then I am surprised.

12. Dec 21, 2005 #11
    What?! Topless too? Wow, when I finish college I know where I am moving to. Thinking a little more, man topless in Ontario Canada, I guess I know what you guys use to cut things :smile:

13. Dec 21, 2005 #12
    Cover charge? What cover charge? I don't need no stinkin covers!

14. Dec 22, 2005 #13
    Don't you think that the parts of the world that seriously make an effort to prohibit something as innocent as this are in a sad, sad, sad state?

15. Dec 22, 2005 #14

ek

I bet Stephen Harper is loving this one.

I love this country.

16. Dec 22, 2005 #15

Danger

Gold Member

Yes, I do. In this case, however, the court discarded a bad interpretation of a very old law that should eventually be eliminated anyway. Legalizing prostitution would clear up most of the problems associated with it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    I've always been an NDP'er, but I'm going to have to go Liberal this time around just to make sure that supercillious nitwit doesn't take over. :grumpy:

17. Dec 22, 2005 #16
    wow... how do the women of Toronto keep from getting frost bite? :-)

(winter really sucks in that city)

18. Dec 22, 2005 #17

Danger

Gold Member

The same way as the men; they don't go topless in winter. :tongue:
    Fact is, though, that virtually none of them do at any time (and as Ian pointed out, for the most part that's a good thing). Even though Gwen Jacobs set the precedent about 10 years ago, the vast majority of the population doesn't even know that it's legal. Maybe someone should take out ads.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?