Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Canada described as 'retarded cousin' by U.S. pundit, in spate of attacks

1. Dec 19, 2005 #1
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20051219/ca_pr_on_wo/us_cda_bashing

you got it tucker!! :biggrin: canada should just forget about the united states. we're like an abused wife or something.... when will our politicians realise that & that it will never stop?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2005 #2
    Tucker Carlson is a great free speech advocate. He just says whatever he thinks, even if it's outright mean. I really respect him for things like this. Even more so than this, I once saw him talking about all those sex scandals with teenagers and adult women, and he was the ONLY Republican pundit I've ever seen saying that these boys weren't victims, but extremely lucky, and that there's no way these teachers/mothers should suffer any legal consequences.

Go Tucker, and go 1st Ammendment.

4. Dec 19, 2005 #3
    This guys a fool. What kind of credible host says something like this on television. Its no wonder hes only a tv host and not a real big shot in the government. These crackpots are a dime a dozen on tv these days. Its sad, which is why I dont watch them anymore. They give the American media a bad name, as people around the world see their nonsense and think its what we represent. Thats very unprofessional Journalism. I guess class is not a requirement to host a newsprogam anymore.... sad. (Notice that government officials and diplomates rarely go onto these crackpot newsprograms, theres your anwser why)

5. Dec 19, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

You act like no one else in the world does things like this :rofl: :rofl: Ahh free speech, I guess it applies to conservatives as well. Hell I've seen far worse on this forum. I remember seeing a documentary a while ago where some europeans were interviewed and they said they 'wish things were like how they were before the iraq war where we could make fun of the US all the time'.

I wonder when the usual suspects will invade this thread and start him a terrorist a the US a terrorist harboring state for letting him have a free voice on TV

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  6. Dec 19, 2005 #5
    The ones that are respected and responsible journalists don't do things like that pengwuino. You just never hear about it, because its not newsworth to say so and so made no outlandish remarks on the news tonight! Free speech does not give one the right to act a fool on television on behalf of the American people. Don't these networks have any standards? It's sad and distasteful that he cannot make a valid argument with facts and logic, but turns to simple minded name calling. What a fool. I'll give you one example, anne coulter, she was interviewed on Candian tv for bashing canada on the american airwaves. In the interview, the host had to correct her and explain to her that she had WRONG facts about canada. Basically, she looked like a fool for the whole nation and was put in her place. Thats what they should do more often to these crackpots.
    "We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." a quote from Anne coulter.
    These people are all over the media, and its sad. I honestly have no more respect for them. What a bunch of fools.
    http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/video_player.html?coulter_clip&playerType=qt
    Heres the link of her! Whata dolt! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. Dec 19, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Who gave you the right to define what freedom of speech is? Hell we have politicians in our Congress who go into other countries and say worse things about us and no one says a thing. Hell what about celebrities, no one says a word when they go off to another country to hold a $100 a plate dinner for an hour of bashing America and everything we stand for. :rolleyes:

8. Dec 19, 2005 #7
    Politicans and people in the media who go around shooting off their mouths saying things like that are highly irresponsible. You dont see Chris Mathews, Brian Williams, or Charlie Rose shooting their mouths off with stupid comments like that, and thankfuly you never will. Its called being a RESPECTED journalist. I dont understand why celebrities even get air time about politics, they speak utter nonsense and waste air time that could be for something more useful, honestly. If they are holding $100, a plate dinners bashing America, then its our duty as Americans to not see their movies, and let them know we won't support them. If they have that much of a gripe with America and are too lazy to do something about it through activism, they should leave the country. There are millions upon milions of imigrants that would be GRATEFUL to live in such a country. Just because you have the RIGHT to do something, does not mean you have to abuse that right for the sake of ratings, while you hurt Americas image worldwide.

9. Dec 19, 2005 #8
    While the penguin may be going a bit over board it is true that there are plenty of people on both sides that say outlandush, crackpotted, and sometimes even outright disgusting things. Why this is somehow news I have no idea. The sad thing is that the conservatives just laugh when their favorite personality says these things and liberals laugh when it's their's, it only matters to either side when it's someone from the other side that makes the ****ed up comments.

10. Dec 19, 2005 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I think this is what it boils down to. I definitely woudl condemn what this guy said but when it comes down to it, it's his right to say it and its the networks right to let him say it.... and in the end, its our right to stop watching him if we want. I remember when Michael Savage got a show on .. MSNBC i think... well he said some pretty nasty tv and the people responded and the network pulled him. Case closed, done deal.

11. Dec 19, 2005 #10
    The only news worth trusting anymore is John Stewart. Look, pengwuino, this guy is a crackpot, pure and simple. Hes doing this BS so he gets his name in that article. If he were serious, he would make valid points, with valid FACTS, and make a COHERENT argument. Who will take this man seriously, other than his own fan base? Certainly not any canadians. So hes not giving a producive solution to the problem, hes just name calling for attention. He's a fool.

12. Dec 19, 2005 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

It's like children! Someone is going to have to stand up as an adult and go "ok both of you, enough!". We can do it with our kids, why can't we do it with the media? Oh yah i know why, ratings. Americans love it and we won't let it go I bet. It's American culture I guess....

13. Dec 19, 2005 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yet he still has the right to say whatever he wants. Don't hold different groups to different standards.

14. Dec 19, 2005 #13
    Who am I holding to a different standard? I think if there from Canada, and they say something like that, there a fool too, case closed. If all you do is go around and say BS purely for the sake of attention, you are part of the problem. I don't care where your from. It is precisely because of this kind of behaivor that there becomes tension and friction between nations. Its pointless, and its STUPID.

15. Dec 19, 2005 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

There, im glad we agree.

American hockey rules!

16. Dec 19, 2005 #15
    Damn straight, go America! (Did you click that link, you gota see it! I can't belive she would say something that STUPID and on TELEVISION!?):rofl: shes like a deer caught in headlights! And the semi ant gonna stop. But you see my point, this kinda BS gets spread around the world, at OUR expense. Just so these people can get more ratings and make more money. Sad.......

17. Dec 19, 2005 #16

Pengwuino

Gold Member

A thread that ended peacefully within 2 pages... I think this is a sign.....

18. Dec 19, 2005 #17
    Its because we both made rational claims, and reached a common consensus based on it. We didn't name call, or do anything else of that nature. Plus, your madly in love with me, but I wont tell anyone, oops....

19. Dec 19, 2005 #18

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Evo won't like this when she finds out :uhh:

20. Dec 19, 2005 #19
    LOL! I suspect not!

21. Dec 19, 2005 #20

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I better jump out of this thread before some lone gunman comes in and reads the original post and goes on his/her rant and all hell breaks loose again like it always does.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?