• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Canada physics university

• Schools
  • Thread starter glueball8
  • Start date
Some of the "best" schools may be the "worst" places to
I am planning to attend Uoft (toronto) this septembre. I've definitely heard all the horror stories of 50% of students failing out of first year. If I don't do as well as I'd hope in first year, I'm definitely going to jump ship and transfer to either Ryerson or UOIT.

@retribution
I have also heard that's quite untrue

more like i want it to be untrue...as i want to go to UT myself because of good research program and having a good geophysic courses

victoria is tier 3? :confused:

Hello people, i'm from Brazil and i'm planning to apply to phd outside country. Deciding between USA and Canada. Most of USA universities request GRE, i'd like to know if in Canada is the same...

Actually there are 3 or so universities who have connections to the Perimeter Institute. You should definitely check it out http://www.permiterinstitute.ca

Choppy
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This thread is almost 5 years old. The original poster would likely have made a decision and probably even graduated by now.

Nataliamenezes,
Canadian graduate schools generally do not require GRE results from applicants who have received degrees from Canadian universities. However if the applicants were educated elsewhere (ie Brazil), I believe they generally do require the GRE. Your best bet would be to look up the admission requirements at the specific schools you're interested in.