Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Canada vs. USA (Hockey)

1. Feb 21, 2010 #1
    Canada vs. USA!!! (Hockey)

Any of you hockey fans here EH? What you guys thinking about tonight game Canada vs USA? Being a Canadian I naturally am hoping that Canada kills the Americans in tonights game but I didn't feel they played exactly that great againt the Swiss...

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2010 #2
    Re: Canada vs. USA!!! (Hockey)

Well if this game goes anything like it did yesterday at Hockey Night in Kandahar, the US is going to lose.

But I have faith! Lets go USA!!!

4. Feb 21, 2010 #3

what time is it on?

5. Feb 21, 2010 #4

7pm Central time

6. Feb 21, 2010 #5

7:40 est

7. Feb 21, 2010 #6

Apparently the game is on MSNBC and I only have basic cable. Who's idea was that and why have they not been shot yet? Instead I get to watch ICE DANCING :mad:

8. Feb 21, 2010 #7

Ohhhh thank you god I live near Canada, the Canadians have their priorities straight.

9. Feb 21, 2010 #8

USA up early!

10. Feb 21, 2010 #9

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

Of the powerhouses, I think that only the Americans and Swedes have not yet had a wakeup call after minimal-effort games against marginal opposition. Hopefully, this means that Canada brings their A game tonight! Otherwise, it might be Torino all over again...

11. Feb 21, 2010 #10

I don't usually watch hockey, but this is pretty exciting!

12. Feb 21, 2010 #11

I don't watch hockey that often either but this is great.

13. Feb 21, 2010 #12

These MSNBC commentators are awesome. My heart is busting out! USA up 3-2 in the second.

14. Feb 21, 2010 #13

hahhaa this is soooo exciting! back to back breakaways blocked

15. Feb 21, 2010 #14

It is great to see so much fire on the ice. A lot riding on this game, national pride wise!

16. Feb 21, 2010 #15

Wow Brodeur is making some STRANGE plays with the puck... really questionable. He's made a few terrific saves but we're out shooting the USA by far and there are 3 goals against....

I also think Canadas defense is playing kinda of lazy but the intensity on the offense is crazy... and the Canadian forechecking is pretty amazing too. Hopefully we can make up for that last goal in the third ... I think we can win it easily in a shootout.

17. Feb 21, 2010 #16

That is Brodeurs style though. Extremely hybrid. No question in my mind Canada would win in a shootout, it is where Brodeur shines, and Miller is pretty questionable in shootouts. Lets hope the US can hold the lead!

18. Feb 21, 2010 #17

Nah Brodeurs style is handling the puck really well... not making questionable dives and trying to whack pucks out of mid air etc.

19. Feb 21, 2010 #18

Super fast-paced game.

20. Feb 21, 2010 #19

Usa usa usa

21. Feb 21, 2010 #20

:cry:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook