Canadians, binzing and capslockroxx need YOU

• Thread starter binzing
  • Start date
In summary, Danger is suggesting that building a green laser is a difficult and potentially dangerous task, and that trading something of equal value in return is a good idea.
binzing
Hi, my friend Capslockroxx and I would really like to order some green lasers from a website, but the FDA won't allow orders to be shipped from the website we are buying from to the US, so I was wondering if one of you would be willing to help us, all you'd have to do is receive the shipment and then send it on to us, we'd pay all the expenses.

Danger, your a Canadian right?

If anyone can do this for us it would be AMAZING...thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
binzing said:
Danger, your a Canadian right?

I am, but I doubt very seriously that the FDA is blocking from only one site. There must be some reason that they don't want them going into the US. Your best bet is to find out why (radiation hazard, etc.) they are considered unsafe. Contact the FDA directly and make some inquiries.

Well yes, but its going to be pretty much the same for any company, website, etc...I dunno...If you don't want to, i understand.

Laser pointers over class III (around 5mW) are banned in the US in case terrorists use them to dazzle pilots http://www.photonics.com/content/news/2005/April/21/57695.aspx [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't mean a geek won't want one...or find a way to get one.

binzing said:
Well yes, but its going to be pretty much the same for any company, website, etc...I dunno...If you don't want to, i understand.

damn it binzing! you'll put your eye out!

Do you really want to take a chance of violating a law for a LASER?

At this moment you are conspiring to violate an import law, which in itself may be illegal.

yeah...ho hum...maybe we can get one through our awesome science teacher from last year...

That's a great link, Mgb.
Binzing, your attitude regarding this matter is disturbing. If your friend has a legitimate purpose for wanting one, then it appears from the article that there's an avenue to request a permit for possession. If he doesn't have such, then nobody here is going to break the law to accommodate him.

Yeah. I know, it was really just a whim. Him and I are just geeks and would have fun messing with it. Really, it won't happen. Nevermind...

binzing said:

:rofl:

{Later}Danger, remember poor ole Binzing? Yeah, he got five years working a sledge hammer at the rock quarry. There was talk about sending him to Guantanamo... Anyway, he has a really cool green LASER!

:biggrin:

ha ha...Gah. So anyways, hows everyone?

binzing said:
Yeah. I know, it was really just a whim. Him and I are just geeks and would have fun messing with it. Really, it won't happen. Nevermind...

Why don't you just learn how to build one from scratch? Let's see, green... So we can't do the old ruby rod laser of old. What did they make green lasers out of when I was a kid? Kryptonite?

Ivan Seeking said:
{Later}Danger, remember poor ole Binzing? Yeah, he got five years working a sledge hammer at the rock quarry. There was talk about sending him to Guantanamo... Anyway, he has a really cool green LASER!

:rofl:

Maybe he can use his overpowered green laser to superheat moisture in the rocks so they'll explode without him having to swing the hammer. Or, at least, he can use it to counteract the prison guards' red laser aiming devices; a brown spot wouldn't show up on that nice tan he'll have from the rock pile. :biggrin:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/5a47/

Think Geek is US based I'm pretty sure. Their site says Virginia.
That one is eighty bucks though.

I love thinkgeek.com I have been going there for years now, though I never bought anything. I have wanted to for quite some time, now I habe to save for what I want :biggrin:

Same here. They have a bunch of neat stuff but I've yet to ever buy anything. I'd like to at least get one of their neat t-shirts.

Can you Canadians send down some weed for everyone while you're at it? And some Cuban cigars and Maple the Bear beanie babies? Oh, and the entirety of the Alberta tar sands oil reserves, if you don't mind.

First 3, no problem. I'm an Albertan, though, and I'll thank you to keep your greedy little Yankee mitts out of my tar sands. :grumpy:

On the other hand, I'll trade you a dozen baby seals for 2 Louisville Sluggers (but you have to deliver first).

Danger said:
First 3, no problem. I'm an Albertan, though, and I'll thank you to keep your greedy little Yankee mitts out of my tar sands. :grumpy:

Oh no, Sarah Palin is comin with her guns.

What is the wink exchange rate for tar sands?

Ivan Seeking said:

I'm not sure that there is one. My eyes always tear up with joy when I see them.

A few years ago some American friends askedme to buy those glow in the dark keyfobs that contain tritium and were banned in the US so that terrorists (or at least those in the USA) couldn't use them as thermonuclear weapons triggers.

Ironically the US government had stopped the production of tritium and was importing it from the UK as well for use in it's own weapons program.

Ivan Seeking said:
I think the agreement is that the USA has to keep Celine Dion in return.

What is "Canadians, binzing and capslockroxx need YOU" all about?

"Canadians, binzing and capslockroxx need YOU" is a call to action for individuals to come together and support Canadians, as well as the popular Twitch streamers binzing and capslockroxx. It is a campaign to raise awareness and funds for various causes and issues affecting Canadians.

Why specifically Canadians, binzing, and capslockroxx?

Canadians, binzing, and capslockroxx all have a strong presence in the online streaming community and have a large and dedicated fan base. By leveraging their platforms, they are able to reach a wide audience and make a significant impact in raising awareness and funds for important causes.

How can I get involved in "Canadians, binzing and capslockroxx need YOU"?

There are many ways to get involved in the campaign, such as donating to the causes being supported, sharing the campaign on social media, or participating in fundraising events and activities organized by Canadians, binzing, and capslockroxx. You can also reach out to them directly to see if there are any specific ways you can contribute.

What causes and issues are being supported by "Canadians, binzing and capslockroxx need YOU"?

The specific causes and issues may vary, as the campaign is ongoing and constantly evolving. However, some examples of causes that have been supported in the past include mental health awareness, LGBTQ+ rights, and environmental conservation efforts.

Is "Canadians, binzing and capslockroxx need YOU" a registered charity or organization?

No, "Canadians, binzing and capslockroxx need YOU" is not a registered charity or organization. It is a grassroots campaign created by Canadians, binzing, and capslockroxx to make a positive impact and bring attention to important causes and issues. However, all funds raised through the campaign are donated to verified and reputable charities and organizations that align with the campaign's values and goals.