Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Canadians, binzing and capslockroxx need YOU!

1. Oct 16, 2008 #1
    Hi, my friend Capslockroxx and I would really like to order some green lasers from a website, but the FDA won't allow orders to be shipped from the website we are buying from to the US, so I was wondering if one of you would be willing to help us, all you'd have to do is receive the shipment and then send it on to us, we'd pay all the expenses.

Danger, your a canadian right?

If anyone can do this for us it would be AMAZING...thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2008 #2

Danger

Gold Member

I am, but I doubt very seriously that the FDA is blocking from only one site. There must be some reason that they don't want them going into the US. Your best bet is to find out why (radiation hazard, etc.) they are considered unsafe. Contact the FDA directly and make some inquiries.

4. Oct 16, 2008 #3
    Well yes, but its gonna be pretty much the same for any company, website, etc...I dunno...If you don't want to, i understand.

5. Oct 16, 2008 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

6. Oct 16, 2008 #5
    Doesn't mean a geek won't want one...or find a way to get one.

7. Oct 16, 2008 #6

OmCheeto

Gold Member

damn it binzing! you'll put your eye out!

8. Oct 16, 2008 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you really want to take a chance of violating a law for a LASER?

At this moment you are conspiring to violate an import law, which in itself may be illegal.

9. Oct 16, 2008 #8
    yeah...ho hum...maybe we can get one through our awesome science teacher from last year...

10. Oct 16, 2008 #9

Danger

Gold Member

That's a great link, Mgb.
    Binzing, your attitude regarding this matter is disturbing. If your friend has a legitimate purpose for wanting one, then it appears from the article that there's an avenue to request a permit for possession. If he doesn't have such, then nobody here is going to break the law to accommodate him.

11. Oct 16, 2008 #10
    Yeah. I know, it was really just a whim. Him and I are just geeks and would have fun messing with it. Really, it won't happen. Nevermind...

12. Oct 16, 2008 #11
    :rofl:

13. Oct 16, 2008 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

{Later}Danger, remember poor ole Binzing? Yeah, he got five years working a sledge hammer at the rock quarry. There was talk about sending him to Guantanamo... Anyway, he has a really cool green LASER!

:biggrin:

14. Oct 16, 2008 #13
    ha ha...Gah. So anyways, hows everyone?

15. Oct 16, 2008 #14

OmCheeto

Gold Member

Why don't you just learn how to build one from scratch? Let's see, green.... So we can't do the old ruby rod laser of old. What did they make green lasers out of when I was a kid? Kryptonite?

16. Oct 17, 2008 #15

Danger

Gold Member

:rofl:

Maybe he can use his overpowered green laser to superheat moisture in the rocks so they'll explode without him having to swing the hammer. Or, at least, he can use it to counteract the prison guards' red laser aiming devices; a brown spot wouldn't show up on that nice tan he'll have from the rock pile. :biggrin:

17. Oct 17, 2008 #16
  18. Oct 17, 2008 #17
    I love thinkgeek.com I have been going there for years now, though I never bought anything. I have wanted to for quite some time, now I habe to save for what I want :biggrin:

19. Oct 17, 2008 #18
    Same here. They have a bunch of neat stuff but I've yet to ever buy anything. I'd like to at least get one of their neat t-shirts.

20. Oct 17, 2008 #19
    Can you Canadians send down some weed for everyone while you're at it? And some Cuban cigars and Maple the Bear beanie babies? Oh, and the entirety of the Alberta tar sands oil reserves, if you don't mind.

21. Oct 17, 2008 #20

Danger

Gold Member

First 3, no problem. I'm an Albertan, though, and I'll thank you to keep your greedy little Yankee mitts out of my tar sands. :grumpy:

On the other hand, I'll trade you a dozen baby seals for 2 Louisville Sluggers (but you have to deliver first).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?