Cancelled Classes: Crazy Times & What to Do

• Thread starter Ba
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Classes
In summary, the speaker is expressing frustration and annoyance with frequent class cancellations, including their English, Physics, Drawing, Calculus, and Speech classes. They also mention skipping Calculus to play soccer and speculate that classes may be cancelled due to rain. The speaker also shares their experience with snow days in their hometown.
Ba
This is getting crazy. I'm online now because my English class was cancelled, yesterday we had Physics for the first time in over a week. My Drawing class was canceled yesterday. And then two weeks ago Calculus and Speech were both cancelled. It is really annoying. :grumpy:
On the other hand I skipped Calculus today to go play soccer. they were only reviewing for the test! :uhh:

Physics news on Phys.org
Why are classes being cancelled?

Moonbear said:
Why are classes being cancelled?

Since he's in california, my guess is that they got an inch of rain. :biggrin:

And every channel says "Storm Watch '05"

Gotta love this state. Well...sometimes anyway...

I sympathise. I have had so many lectures resceduled, and canceled in the last few weeks. There have been several instances where a lecturer has simply failed to turn up, with no warning of this, no message from admin to say they were off sick, nothing.

Wow, that's pretty bizarre! I've never heard of lecturers just not showing up without sending someone to at least leave a note on the door that the lecturer is sick and class is cancelled, and usually you can find someone to cover the class for you. It was usually the opposite when I was in college; there'd be a foot of snow on the ground to trudge through and buses weren't running, so we'd be sure they'd have to cancel classes, so we'd call the dept or check the radio, and sure enough they were still holding class, or else there'd be a month of Saturday classes to try to make up for the missed classes. I only remember the university closing once for two or three days, when there was about 2 or 3 ft of snow covered with ice, and what a mess it was to make up all those classes (they really did hold classes on Saturdays for a month to make up for the lost time).

No, rain isn't the problem, a couple usually say they were sick but the usual line is, "I'm sorry I had to cancel class the other day. I hope you remember that you're still responsible for the material."
Around here we get quite a bit of rain, but no snow. I miss the snow because I'm from around Yosemite. There we got school canceled about twice a year and suspensions for throwing snowballs at school. I miss the good ole days already

What is the purpose of "Cancelled Classes: Crazy Times & What to Do"?

The purpose of "Cancelled Classes: Crazy Times & What to Do" is to provide students and teachers with helpful tips and resources for managing cancelled classes and unexpected disruptions in the academic setting. It aims to offer practical advice for how to stay on track with coursework and maintain a sense of normalcy during uncertain times.

How can I stay organized and productive during cancelled classes?

One way to stay organized and productive during cancelled classes is to create a daily schedule or routine. This can include setting aside specific times for studying, completing assignments, and taking breaks. It can also be helpful to communicate with your teachers and classmates to stay updated on any changes or new assignments.

What should I do if I feel overwhelmed or anxious about cancelled classes?

It is important to prioritize self-care during times of uncertainty and stress. Taking breaks, engaging in relaxation techniques, and reaching out to friends or family for support can all be helpful. If you are feeling overwhelmed or anxious, it may also be beneficial to seek support from a mental health professional.

How can I make the most of cancelled classes and use this time to my advantage?

While cancelled classes may disrupt your usual routine, it can also be an opportunity to explore new interests or activities. This could include learning a new skill, picking up a hobby, or catching up on reading. It can also be a chance to focus on self-improvement and set goals for the future.

What resources are available to help me navigate cancelled classes and academic disruptions?

Many schools and universities have resources available to support students during cancelled classes and other academic disruptions. These may include online tutoring services, virtual counseling, and academic support programs. It is important to reach out to your school to see what resources are available to you.