Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cancelled classes

1. Mar 2, 2005 #1

Ba

This is getting crazy. I'm online now because my English class was cancelled, yesterday we had Physics for the first time in over a week. My Drawing class was cancelled yesterday. And then two weeks ago Calculus and Speech were both cancelled. It is really annoying. :grumpy:
    On the other hand I skipped Calculus today to go play soccer. they were only reviewing for the test! :uhh:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why are classes being cancelled?

4. Mar 2, 2005 #3

Since he's in california, my guess is that they got an inch of rain. :biggrin:

And every channel says "Storm Watch '05"

Gotta love this state. Well....sometimes anyway....

5. Mar 4, 2005 #4

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I sympathise. I have had so many lectures resceduled, and cancelled in the last few weeks. There have been several instances where a lecturer has simply failed to turn up, with no warning of this, no message from admin to say they were off sick, nothing.

6. Mar 4, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow, that's pretty bizarre! I've never heard of lecturers just not showing up without sending someone to at least leave a note on the door that the lecturer is sick and class is cancelled, and usually you can find someone to cover the class for you. It was usually the opposite when I was in college; there'd be a foot of snow on the ground to trudge through and buses weren't running, so we'd be sure they'd have to cancel classes, so we'd call the dept or check the radio, and sure enough they were still holding class, or else there'd be a month of Saturday classes to try to make up for the missed classes. I only remember the university closing once for two or three days, when there was about 2 or 3 ft of snow covered with ice, and what a mess it was to make up all those classes (they really did hold classes on Saturdays for a month to make up for the lost time).

7. Mar 4, 2005 #6

Ba

No, rain isn't the problem, a couple usually say they were sick but the usual line is, "I'm sorry I had to cancel class the other day. I hope you remember that you're still responsible for the material."
    Around here we get quite a bit of rain, but no snow. I miss the snow because I'm from around Yosemite. There we got school cancelled about twice a year and suspensions for throwing snowballs at school. I miss the good ole days already

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?