1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Candela and photons

1. Oct 17, 2013 #1
    Hello everyone,

My issue is regard a conversion from lumens to ~photons or energy at varying wavelengths. I am trying to find a way to determine the amount of energy an led can emit at different wavelengths. I figured because E = (h*c)/λ all I would need is to determine an photon emission. Most of the data sheets give Lm/W and the viewing angle. I know that Cd = Lm /(2π(1-cos(θ/2)), but thats as far as I got. I need a definite way to calculate the theoretical energy being emitted at different wavelengths. If anyone can help me finish what I started or help me discern a better way of find this it would be much appreciated. Also what would I do for wavelength out of the visible spectrum? For most UV or IR leds I have mW/sr @ mA, viewing angle and the basic electrical properties.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2013 #2

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  4. Oct 17, 2013 #3

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

would you like to fix your link so it gets to the correct page please
    as I have done in the quote of yours :smile:

Dave

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook