Cannot do the find command with undefined variable ?

• Thread starter EVriderDK
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Variable
Additionally, you can use the "bold" or double underlined formatting options in mathcad to get your results in the desired format. However, it is not possible to get mathcad to state all the intermediate results between the equations and the final result. In summary, when using the "find" command, all variables must be defined and you can try using the "solve" command instead. You can also use formatting options to get the desired result format, but mathcad cannot show all intermediate results.
EVriderDK
Cannot do the "find" command with "undefined variable" ?

http://peecee.dk/upload/view/363439

As you can see, i have to make I_1:=r.

I cannot directly write find(I_1,I_2,I_3)→
It will not do that. Why is that, and is it possible to force it? I cannot see the difference between using "I_1" and "r" but mathcad can :)

And better yet, get it to write separately: "I_1=1.132 A" <--- That would be awesome!
Because my math teacher will only accept "bold" or double underlined numbers as results.

Is it possible to get mathcad to state all the intermediate results between the equations and the final result?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, it is not possible to do the "find" command with an undefined variable. The "find" command requires that all the variables used in the command are defined. You will need to define all the variables before you can use them in the "find" command. You can also try using the "solve" command instead of the "find" command, which may help you get the results you are looking for.

1. What does the error message "Cannot do the find command with undefined variable" mean?

This error message means that the variable referenced in the find command does not have a defined value or does not exist in the code.

2. Why am I getting the error message "Cannot do the find command with undefined variable" in my code?

This error message can occur if the variable is misspelled, has not been declared, or has not been assigned a value before being used in the find command.

3. How can I fix the "Cannot do the find command with undefined variable" error?

To fix this error, you will need to check the spelling and declaration of the variable and ensure that it has been assigned a value before using it in the find command. If the variable is meant to be undefined, you can use a conditional statement to handle the error.

4. Can this error occur with any type of variable?

Yes, this error can occur with any type of variable, including strings, numbers, and objects. It is important to properly define and assign values to all variables to avoid this error.

5. Is there a way to prevent the "Cannot do the find command with undefined variable" error from occurring?

Yes, you can prevent this error by carefully checking and defining all variables before using them in the find command. You can also use conditional statements to handle any potential undefined variables. Additionally, using a linter tool can help identify and prevent this error in your code.